Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stages over 32 rounds

shooting for M

Im pretty sure what Steve J was refering to is a club match with 6- 50 round stages. The info was put out several weeks ahead of time so no one will be surprised and all stages will be the same round count so no bottlenecks. Im gonna try like heck to make this match. Sounds like a blast!!!

So what your saying is for this local match everybody that is going to attend knows where to find the info? What if you have some out of towners or new shooters that don't know where to look? I'm not saying its a bad thing I just think some people won't be prepared when the norm is 32 rounds.

I see your point. Im not sure exactly what measures the club is taking, but I hopefully no one will get caught flatfooted...

Yeah, because that isn't any fun. I've been on that end of the stick before when a local match decided to have 7 stages and we all where not prepared and everybody was scrambling for ammo. I've since learned my lesson but it sucks.

So what your saying is for this local match everybody that is going to attend knows where to find the info? What if you have some out of towners or new shooters that don't know where to look? I'm not saying its a bad thing I just think some people won't be prepared when the norm is 32 rounds.

If the info about a match like this is posted then no one should be caught off guard. If you are new or out of town I would suspect that you checked the website to find out about the match to begin with, so you would have seen the round count.

I do agree it would suck if it is a regular local match and they decided the day before. Also as a whole I think huge round counts at regular local matches turn people off from coming out.

as long as i know ther are going to be some high round count stages, i dont mind. i just grab an extra box of ammo when packing my gear. while fun, the 40+ rd stages with a SS can be daunting at time, haha. especially if there are steel tossed it too, haha

I spoke with the MD (Alex C) about the round count and even tried to convince him to lower it down some. He's pretty determined to do it.

I understand his point though. He just wants to do it and have fun. I and several shooters are trying to help him out, spread out the word 2-3 weeks before the match. We're even setting up an online pre-registration.

It will be the last match for the said club and we just want to make it fun and memorable, whatever we learn from this match we'll certainly share amongst everyone interested.

So, if you are in or near Houston, please come and bring atleast 300 rounds and shoot with us at impact zone on the 24th(shameless plug, sorry just couldn't help it).

Edwin

Edited for poor spelling...

Edited by edwin garcia

yrs ago our club was the first??(that i know of) to put on a stage that had 110 rds in ONE stage, the last shooting area you had 36 pieces of steel, and yes you could hear the tempo of the 'fast' shooters start to die off after 50 or so, since i put it on, i was tasked to follow behind the shooters that didnt have enuff mags/ammo and load mags for em ,and hand em back to em, i wasthe final shooter and had to have a friend of mine load my mags for me, no hand strength left hehehe

Yeah, because that isn't any fun. I've been on that end of the stick before when a local match decided to have 7 stages and we all where not prepared and everybody was scrambling for ammo. I've since learned my lesson but it sucks.

I don't go to a match with less than twice the ammo I expect to need.

For the most part, the big-round matches seem to be publicized so people aren't caught with their pants on the ground.

And those in the know also have their pants on the ground because of all the ammo on their belt. Can I reiterate that previous question if they make suspenders for CR Speed belts? wink.gif

I've been shooting USPSA for 7 years and very few stages go over 32 rounds. At a few matches I've shot 36 round, but most are 24-32.

50-60 rounds...BRING IT ON BABY, sounds like fun. How about 50-60 rounds minimum with all steel!!! I've seen videos where fast shooters slow down after 50 trigger pulls...COOL! I'd love to shoot a 300+ match

Not all matches need to exactly the same. There neede to be room for a little fun and creativity. I'd love the opportunity to really let the smoke out! Level I gives us the chance to do this.

Like this?:

http://www.nokdownsteel.com/

Can't say too much about the limited ammo in the mag guys at our club when it's the Production and SS guys designing the 45-60 round count stages. And since everybody shoots ten rounds anyway out here....

Sure can be a lot of work though, when you gotta break down 1 or 2 of the stages cuz ya need the props for the next one... :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Thought I would add to Noah's post, Rocky Mountain 300 is set for May 20-22, 5 stages 60-66round minimum for each stage. Stage designs are nomally 1 hoser stage, 1 memory stage, 1 all steel stage, and 2 feild courses. This match is listed as a special match not level I or II. If anyone wants to come out and play the info is on www.ecouspsa.com . I think its also on the area 2 website.

That's awesome... Most of the round count here in so cal is approximately 30 rnds. Usually almost 200 rds for 6 stages. There are alot of SS, production and few Rev at our club, so yes, factor those in.

If ever in So Cal. Every once in a while there is a NRG 300.... 300 rounds 6 stages.

http://nrg.jvdynamics.com/

Trigger finger gets tired at the end of the stage!

Here's the youtube vid of the Match Director / GM Jojo Vidanes

Enjoy.....

Edited by flack jacket