Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chronograph weirdness at IPSC Nationals

pivoproseem

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you DQ someone for for having declared Major at 165 Pf , and it came out a 163 PF?? If it came out 140 , I cold maybe see unsportsman like conduct, but 163 is to close to make it a Major issue worth DQing someone. Minor is bad enough.

Dave

Why?

Because the rule states 165 not 165'ish and he clearly wasn't at the declared PF. (IDPA and shooting in ESR)

164.999 isn't 165.

You clearly need to read and understand the rules regarding PF.

Pretty sure he was thinking USPSA since IDPA wasn't mentioned. R,

If you declare minor and go sub-minor, you still get to shoot the match, but for no score. Declaring major and going minor at the chrono you still get to shoot the match for score, but at a slight disadvantage.

Maybe being DQ'd means something different in IDPA, but in USPSA when you get DQ'd you've fired your last round for the match. In my book, that's a big difference.

Why would you DQ someone for for having declared Major at 165 Pf , and it came out a 163 PF?? If it came out 140 , I cold maybe see unsportsman like conduct, but 163 is to close to make it a Major issue worth DQing someone. Minor is bad enough.

Dave

Why?

Because the rule states 165 not 165'ish and he clearly wasn't at the declared PF. (IDPA and shooting in ESR)

164.999 isn't 165.

You clearly need to read and understand the rules regarding PF.

RePete Read the title IPSC National we in IPSC don't DQ for low power factor! and why are coming across so strongly? :sight:

If you don't make PF - in any game - you are bumped down (major) or DQ'd.

I suggest that you take your own advice and read the rules.... :devil:

USPSA and IPSC are the same on this subject expect for the actual PF

OK...back on topic. :)

Sorry if I am not quite up to speed on how the actual chrono procedure works...as in...if the chrono guy throws out the lowest one or two "data points" and keeps the best 7 to calculate the average.

Even more forgiving than that...

It's the average of the best 3 that are shot over the chrono.

- 8 rounds are collected.

- Round #1 is pulled and the bullet is weighed.

- Rounds 2 - 4 are shot and the average velocity is taken. If that meets declared pf then we are done. If not...

- then, rounds 5-7 are shot. The highest 3 velocities of rounds 2-7 are averaged. If still no good...

- then, the shooter has the option to have round #8 shot over the chrono or to have the bullet pulled and weighed. And, the best 3 rounds for velocity will be multiplied by the highest bullet weight.