Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' World 3-Gun Shoot - August - 2014

The equipment rules are pretty much the same. There is great diversity in the He-Man/Heavy Metal divisions across the country, but the comp length is the same for Tactical/Limited divisions. Also, Open is a bit more open in our matches than others.

Check out: www.rm3g.com

The divisions for the World Shoot will be the same as our regular National Match, so just look at our rules.

I didn't mean to insult anyone from IPSC, but as I understood, IPSC shoots kind of separate matches within a tournament and we do multi-gun on many stages. All I was saying, was that teams would NOT have to go through a governing organization to get a team in. JP RM3G is a "outlaw" match, and although we don't love the term "outlaw", we will be staying an "outlaw" match for as long as people come play! :goof:

After Mike's post, I'm just afraid that the Brits will have to bring rubberband guns or squirt guns...if they can have those??? Comp lengths don't matter so much, and I would assume without scopes, they would fall into Limited Iron, but I'm not sure a rubberband is .223 or larger! Maybe if it's a BIG RUBBERBAND! :roflol:

3-Gun at the Whittington Center is a hoot! I think you'll all enjoy it!

We were just down at Whittington, talking to the program director, and we have some new places to shoot and have some great new ideas for fun and challenges! :ph34r:

Denise

Denise

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were just down at Whittington, talking to the program director, and we have some new places to shoot and have some great new ideas for fun and challenges! :ph34r:

Denise

Denise

Ah-ha, I knew there were two of you! :surprise:

Denise

Denise

Ah-ha, I knew there were two of you! :surprise:

She has the energy of any SIX (normal) people :roflol:

But thats what it takes to put on a match like RM3gun :cheers:

And now Her and JJ are taking on an even BIGGER show down :bow:

You can sign us up right now, as long as we are on the sunny side of the grass...we will be there :D

Jim

• 1 month later...

Crazy mixed up Kid........... :rolleyes:

Nice gun set up though !

Now you are in the Fatherland have you got your mitts on a real pistol ??

Not yet. I've been too busy building iglus in the garden. I have done a fair bit of dry fire though!

I'll find a club locally to join, and go from there.

I'm gonna ROCK when I get hold of a real pistol.

I'll be interested to find out how transferable airsoft skills are.

Edited by goldilocks

International shooters - let me know your concerns, and the difficulties you face getting here, so I can try to problem solve way ahead of time. I've started talking to Linda Chico, but will pick her brain some more.

Denise and JJ

Sounds like this could be a great replacement for the old SOF match!!

The biggest difficulty would probably be with what rifles can be brought in for the match. (Currently the handguns are not a significant problem, and the Benelli with a short mag tube is also ok.) I routinely get a BATF Form 6 that says the AR's are ok for temporary import, but my understanding is that all AR's are classed as "non-sporting" and therefore not eligible to enter the US even temporarily for a match. So the Form 6 allows what the US law may say cannot be done. The new BATF Form 6 NIA is a great improvement over the old system where we presented an invitation and guns at the border and where subject to interpretation of the border guard, but the non-sporting designation makes crossing the border with an AR a risky situation.

Heavy metal rifles would be a HUGE issue for Canadians. My FN's and HK are, by Canadian federal law, restricted to living in my safe. I can not get lawful approval to take them to any Canadian range and therefore can not expect to get a permit to take them to a border crossing to go to a US match. This is our problem, but it does impact the ability to shoot in heavy metal.

Ammunition is always a problem, except if we are driving into the US. The BATF Form 6 will allow the import of sufficient ammo to shoot the match. So for a Canadian willing to drive to the match, then ammunition is a minor matter. However flying to the match (with the 5 kg limit on ammo) is a huge problem from the point of view of ammo. Alternatively, flying without ammo to the match and then buying whatever ammo is available puts the competitors that flies to the match at a disadvantage (would have limited practise to see how the ammo shoots or patterns; may not be able to get "competitive" ammo.) A way to ship/import ammo into the US for this match would really be useful.

The match sounds like a wonderful idea and I hope the logistical problems for non-US competitors can be solved.

One possible solution for the ammunition is Grace Ammo: http://shop.graceammo.com/main.sc The owner is a competitor and loads quality ammo. He has deals for RM3G competitors and will likely be there early setting up and ROing.

We get there a week ahead of time to set-up, probably earlier for this one! A lot of people use the sight-in ranges to get dialed in. You can shoot out to 500 yards on the sight in range. You might check with the Whittington Center, but I think several people shipped ammo who flew in.

I do not know if this is a solution or not, but the current match FFL is a NM dealer who may be able to receive and ship firearms.

We are also getting full support from Whittington who also has an FFL and will be able to receive guns.

We are looking into them having some shotgun and other ammo available for pre-order, also. Logistics have not been finalized, but will be able to come up with something for the ammo situation.

He-Man rifles...hmmm. I know borrowing is not the best situation, but we may be able to work something out on this. Our major match sponsor is JP Enterprises who makes a excellent, very competitive AR-10 and many of our other sponsors make excellent .308's as well.

Thanks so much for getting me this info. Will start problem solving.

Other countries...I know there are lot's more issues out there as well. The sooner, the better!

Denise

• 2 weeks later...

Denise, I know you think of everything. What is the contingency plan if the Mayan calender turns out to be accurate? :roflol:

What better place to be during a end of the world type scenario than up in the mountains with hundreds of extremely well armed folks? ;)

Dang. That was low..

Yep, but that is where he likes to park, low... :cheers:

Damn it. I'm showing up in a valet outfit next time. I'll bet I can get that truck of yours stuck, Mark. It will be a challenge but I am good at it. :P

:cheers:

The plan is around the first week of August!

Firmer dates will come later!

2014 is a ways', off,, but hey I'm planning,, Hell Luke will be 18Yrs.

But the youngest,,, Lil Rebecca,,, the Youngest of the Jim tribe,, will be 14... She shot her first match two weeks ago! Holy crap! I'm old,,,

Jim M ammo

my youngest turned 32 last month , your not that old, just slow ......................................

on the kid start

I think I told you,, I have 5 kids all in all,,,,,, 3 older, all Coll,,, grad's

, 2 younger,,,

Late on the 2 younger,,,

But now that I'm an OFRG,,, from the army,, I will be home to make sure the Young ones are Shooters..

and they are coming along,,, just fine,,

that's F.R.O.G. (Fortunately Retired Old Guy) i know, i be one. 'cept some folks use the other "F" word. shame on them.

:cheers:

• 2 years later...

Wow! It's been a long time since I posted!

We are still working on this and making some strides.

The dates are Aug 5-10, 2014

15 stages, main shoot Aug 5-9 with 3 stages a day. Aug 10 will be team shoot-offs, junior shoot-offs, prize table etc.

It will be a little pricey at $450-$475, but we will be able to handle more shooters and there will be LOTS more shooting!

Sponsors that are ready to sign-up, please feel free to contact us at rm3gun@yahoo.com.

We are basically taking over the Whittington Center. There's some preliminary info at www.rm3g.com.

We plan on having some side shooting activity most evenings. We are working on sponsored dinners, but there will be dinner available at the range with the new Whittington Center food service.

We will have "OFFICIAL" country teams. 4 persons all shooting in different divisions from the same country. First come, first served, per Country. (U.S. will have team captains chosen, and we will have two teams.)

We will also have "UNOFFICIAL" teams, where 4 persons shooting in different divisions can register and compete as a team...maybe the Sierra Squad or the Texas team, or Minnesotans who love the beach?!? or the Kansas downhill ski team? :roflol:

International Shooters - please contact us. We have a invitation letter available. With the current political conditions, I'm not sure what stupid laws will be passed between now and then! :angry2: We're just going to keep on moving forward and hope the US Constitution wins!

We have scoped things out and have about 20 stages to choose from all over the Whittington Center!!! We have a great team shoot planned for Sunday as well!

Applications will go up for international shooters in September of 2013. That gives you just under a year to get plans together!

We are working on some ammo afor shooters. Whittington Center will be able to sell some, depending on availability...so we will continue to plan for this!

We have some other ammunition suppliers working as well.

We are looking into..."borrowing guns" but we have some work to go to get this organized in a reasonable fashion!

Questions??? :surprise: Let me know at rm3gun@yahoo.com!

Denise

Sounds like a blast Denise - hope I can make it.

How is your schedule looking for this year???

You said you might be in Country!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll redeploy in time for the RM3G, but probably won't know until early-mid July. As soon as I know for sure, I'll let you know. Thanks again!