Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 High Plains Shooting Challenge

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we leave back up iron sights on our rifles if they remain folded? If so, I'd be willing to shoot for no score should they become deployed during the match (and they won't since the rear cannot be lifted with the 1X Prismatic in place and the front sight requires a very deliberate action to deploy).

I figure there is more than a few folks with them if they're running any sort of dots. Heck, I'd be down to zip tie mine down.

Edited by DyNo!

I do not want to be seen as a DICK, about this but....take whatever steps you need to keep them from being deployed, because if they do, the choice to shoot for no score will not be yours, it will be ours and it will be for no score, no prize table, no refund, etc.

my preference would be remove them, but the risk is yours to take.

trapr

Lonestar armory is sending us lots of certs. for work, parts and discounts on suppressors.

Brownells sent us gobs of magazines and some shooters pack goodies.

JP is bringing his stuff with him.

We have had a couple more drop outs, so that means some of you still have a chance at getting in but you have to send in your entry. We're very close to full, so hurry.

Trapr

Seems like you got quite match starting to happen there trap!!

Matt and I are looking forward to making the trip down next month.

Lots of sponsors and darn near up to capacity too? Anything else you askin for? Oh yeah.....good weather.

See you in June!!

Tim

Maybe bring the dog along to match. What is a close campground to the range?

Did a search and seen several in area. Looking for some recommendations from you folks living in the area.

Thanks,

Barry

There are RV hook ups at the range. email John Bent @ jbent@cox.net and/or J.R.Hile @ jr@unitedmech.com to find out about them. They run the SASS and IPSC divisions at the club. Of course Trapr or Kurt may know the drill too.

There are a bunch of hotels at the intersection of I35 & 2nd Street in Edmond, Holiday inn, marriott, hampton, etc.

There are RV hook ups at the range. email John Bent @ jbent@cox.net and/or J.R.Hile @ jr@unitedmech.com to find out about them. They run the SASS and IPSC divisions at the club. Of course Trapr or Kurt may know the drill too.

There are a bunch of hotels at the intersection of I35 & 2nd Street in Edmond, Holiday inn, marriott, hampton, etc.

Well ...thanks :mellow: i was a bit let down that you did not do a video review of each room with the amenities, to compare rooms

:roflol:

No really, Thanks

JF

Jesse thanks for answering the questions I been busy with lots of stuff, on the RV connections let me say that call quickly because there is a big Blackpowder match on the same weekend and they may all be spoken for.

Also, I've had a few more folks drop out, so we actually are about even for drop outs and new entries, there are about 15 more slots available, plus a few if I fudge and increase squad size a bit, but do not delay because I know i have sponsors that are coming and they will take priority over normal paying shooters. the hotels at the intersection Jesse spoke of are quality big name hotels and there are several.

See you soon, and I'll provide and updated round count for those of you that plan on bringing just the minimum amount :devil:

Trapr

Jesse thanks for answering the questions I been busy with lots of stuff, on the RV connections let me say that call quickly because there is a big Blackpowder match on the same weekend and they may all be spoken for.

Also, I've had a few more folks drop out, so we actually are about even for drop outs and new entries, there are about 15 more slots available, plus a few if I fudge and increase squad size a bit, but do not delay because I know i have sponsors that are coming and they will take priority over normal paying shooters. the hotels at the intersection Jesse spoke of are quality big name hotels and there are several.

See you soon, and I'll provide and updated round count for those of you that plan on bringing just the minimum amount :devil:

Trapr

Just found out I don't have to work that weekend, application in the mail and hoping to get one of those 15 slots.

Round count is 233 minimum, largest stage is 41 rounds, round count is based on 2 on paper and 1 for steel/knockdown, if you average 3 per steel/knockdown bringing 500rds. might be appropriate.

one stage calls for 10 rounds loaded in each magazine max., the stage is a 26 round stage, so at least 3 mags will be required, it is all paper.

Some stages have been slightly changed to fit better into the bays that are available, so the ones posted may not be there, or may be different. either way you'll have a good time, and shoot a lot.

trapr

Cameron,

I pm'd Trapr earlier in the week to shoot with an Austin shooter (he goes by Gorilla Tactical on ar15) that RO'd the Larue match that you and I shot together along with Ben (I'm the other Ben). I was running the 870 pump. You should join us.

Ben