Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 High Plains Shooting Challenge

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was brought to my attention that I did not have a spot to make squadding requests on the application, please simply write it on the back, if I can't read it I'll simply ignore it so make sure it can be read easily. If anyone wants to be squadded with Kurt or I, you're SOL we ain't shootin' the match, for score anyway.

thanks Trapr

We don't HAVE to, its just what we think is the right thing to do. Just like AMU doesn't shoot FB3G. Besides its a lot more fun watching you guys shoot and laughing about it than trying to host the match and shoot it.

Trapr

Its O.K. to laugh, just don't laugh AND point.

We don't HAVE to, its just what we think is the right thing to do. Just like AMU doesn't shoot FB3G. Besides its a lot more fun watching you guys shoot and laughing about it than trying to host the match and shoot it.

Trapr

Its O.K. to laugh, just don't laugh AND point.

Of course they are going to point. Since these two are ALWAYS laughing, if they didn't point, how everyone else would think they were missing a private joke.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Single optic only. No hedge-hogs, no dogs (K-9s), no bi-pods. It is Tactical class, not open. Same for Tac non magnified/Limited. you may have a dot OR irons, but not both.

Jesse you are already "sub minored" so you can run anything you like cause it won't count anyway. KurtM

Well said Sir.. Well said..

Jesse is the new Minnie Mouse! :) I hear if you turn the comp 180 degrees it will help with velocity! :)

Ha Ha! :roflol: Let me tell you an upside down tank break makes for a crappy comp!

Can we use coupled mags? Remember there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people taht ask questions. :P

Edited by jtischauser

I'll get equipment rules out just as soon as I get back from freezin' my butt of in KY, or maybe sooner if I get bored at work. So let me see if I understand this now, Jesse's new hero/mentor is Erik Lund (minnie mouse), so Tara has Taran, and Jesse has Erik????????????????

As Kurt said, one optic in magnified division, if you have an electronic sight mounted to a scope or something like that, just remove batteries, I'd be good with that, if we catch you using both or it miraculously turns on, your gone no whining, no appeal, no warning.

On the monopoding, I'm good with it, provided you don't take advantage of my good nature, meaning if its 2 mags and you haven't added a wide extended base to it for "support". If you have a question about what you have let me see it and I'll decide.

Equipment will be "basically" normal Rocky Mountain, SMM3G, type rules for Tactical rifles, more to follow.

Trapr

Can you give me a few more details on the location? I'm considering taking the wife and child or just wife. Are there things to do in the area and what time do we finish up Sunday? It's a long drive from south Ga. but I'm selling it hard to try to go. Thanks for any help and thanks for not shooting for score Kurt. Give someone new a chance to kick my tail in irons :roflol:

Ryan

The range is located about 10 miles north east of route 66 and I 35 in Edmond Oklahoma. As for what there is to do. We have a fair to middling Zoo, we have the Omni Plex which is kind of a kid friendly learning center with all sorts of hands on experiments and the up stairs has lots of space program stuff, like Saturn motors, capsules, space suits etc. There is the 35th infantry museum close by which has lots of armor and great indoor displays. There is always Brick town down in Oklahoma city which is less than 20 miles away. Everything is close. If you need anything or have any questions P.M. me. It would be great to see you at this end of the country. Happy New Year Ryan!

Can you give me a few more details on the location? I'm considering taking the wife and child or just wife. Are there things to do in the area and what time do we finish up Sunday? It's a long drive from south Ga. but I'm selling it hard to try to go. Thanks for any help and thanks for not shooting for score Kurt. Give someone new a chance to kick my tail in irons :roflol:

Ryan

If you wife likes antigue shopping there is a bunch of that sorta of thing just north in the historic Guthrie. There are a bunch of great restaurants and a few shopping malls in the Edmond/OKC area. Kurt forgot to mention the collest gas station in the country POPS is close to the range. We also have a minor league baseball team in town that is always a fun time. If you stay off I35 and 2nd street in Edmond there is an Old Navy, Bed Bath & Beyond, Ross, Steinmart, and a bunch of boutique shopping in downtown Edmond just minutes up 2nd street. Edmond is the higher end side of OKC so plan on the typical upscale type shopping and restaurants in the area.

in the last three days I've gotten 15 apps, so get them sent in if you intend on making it. No one is signed up for Rimfire yet!!!!! and I know Nordic Components will make that class very happy if you shoot the division, so sign up.

RO's I need an app from you as well, just mark it RO at the top, you don't get to choose who you squad with though, kurt and I will put you where WE want you.

I'm giving preference to past RO's so once I hear from the "old guard" I'll know if I need any rookies!!! and get with those that have asked in the past.

trapr

trugent, It may be awhile before the COF's get posted but if you'll email me I'll see if I can set your mind at ease.

So let me see if I understand this now, Jesse's new hero/mentor is Erik Lund (minnie mouse), so Tara has Taran, and Jesse has Erik????????????????

I just threw up a little..

Taran is my hero too!

a man crush doesnt make for a hero.

Put me down for a RO, if you haveny already done so, Trapr. I had fun last year.