Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Performance Edge

BBoyle

I just picked up my new limited gun earlier today, a High Performance Edge.

After giving it a good once over I can honestly say that I am extremely pleased and happy with my decision to order same.

The fit and finish are great. Everything is tight but smooth at the same time. The front sight's fiber optic is perfectly clean and the trigger seems very nice right from the box. It looked and felt great and I am sure it will shoot that way as well.

I have always had trouble with my support hand grip dropping mags when using buttons of anykind on my other Limited and Open guns but after dry firing and just playing around with the grip I may be able to actually use the release button. I will experiment with it during live fire to make sure it can stay.

The only thing I may need to work on is the grip safety. It disengages earlier than I expected but I will either pin it or take off a little more material so that it releases almost immediately. I will wait until I have a few sessions with it to see if it is an issue during live fire. If it isn't then I will not change a thing.

I will be shooting it this Friday in an informal indoor match, I hope you sighted it in for me Bob ;) , I may not have too much time before the match to sight it in properly.

Overall I am really happy with my purchase and look forward to many years of use from it. I will report back after I put some rounds through it.

Brian

I just got back from my indoor match. The gun was perfect. Sighted in close enough for the distance we were shooting and digested Bob's load and my standard length minor load without a single malfunction.

I did end up with a few misses but I think I was pushing the envelope a little bit and they seemed to occur on targets that I was shooting over the slide and not actually aiming on. I had fun though.

Mag release button was not an issue at all and I only noticed the grip safety once and thst was on LMR.

Overall I am exttremely pleased with my HP Edge. It shoots a lot softer than my old limited gun, looks great and shoots great.

I have a feeling there is a lot more limited shooting in my future. :)

Thanks Again. Another Happy Customer!

Brian