Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag pouches for production in USPSA

lordt313

Hello all, new to the forum here. I am sure this has been discussed before on here but I was unable to locate the topic with the search. My question is this" I am shooting production division in USPSA and cant rightly figure out if there are restrictions on magazine pouches. I want to use CR speed pouches but I cnat find out if they are legal in this division.

Thanks,

Taylor

They are legal and they are good stuff. I think they are overkill for production since I really don't need them to tilt/cant whatever. I use Ready Tactical pouches. You can get them from CPWSA, a vendor here. They take up much less room than other pouches therefore you can get more of them on the belt. Plus they are a good bit cheaper. I would recommend five pouches for production.

If you want CR Speed pouches or other gear I highly recommend you buy from Shooter's Connection.

I too think CR is overkill for production. Kytex Gear makes a pouch that is a clone of the Ready Tactical and much like the ones in the Kitchen Kydex thread in the Gear Forum. I like them well enough that when moving from Production to Limited I continue to use them. If you are like most of us you will have a drawer or shelf full of mag pouches before you find the one that you like the best. Good luck.

i was playing with a buddy's setup and he had them for production, because he like myself is about 6'6 and has massive hands. I have been using fobus double mag pouches and I find that all too often I am taking out two mags instead of just one, and one hits the ground. I tried practicing for about 3 weeks each night to train myself to only grab one but I think the sheer physics involved would make it better for me to seperate each magazine. Any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Taylor

i was playing with a buddy's setup and he had them for production, because he like myself is about 6'6 and has massive hands. I have been using fobus double mag pouches and I find that all too often I am taking out two mags instead of just one, and one hits the ground. I tried practicing for about 3 weeks each night to train myself to only grab one but I think the sheer physics involved would make it better for me to seperate each magazine. Any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Taylor

Double mag pouches are not conducive to quick mag grabbing no matter what size your hands are.

CR's and some others like Blade-tech's are also usefull in limited, l-10 or open if you ever get to that point. They are adjustable, tiltable and can be spread out around the belt. I used Ready Tactical pouches for a few years but they just turned out to be limited to Production only.

Hello all, new to the forum here. I am sure this has been discussed before on here but I was unable to locate the topic with the search. My question is this" I am shooting production division in USPSA and cant rightly figure out if there are restrictions on magazine pouches. I want to use CR speed pouches but I cnat find out if they are legal in this division.

Thanks,

Taylor

Look, I know you are new here, but I think the whole "hello" and "thanks" thing and then signing your name has already been copyrighted by Eric. :lol:

Just kiddin'! Welcome to the forums. :cheers:

Edited by sirveyr

Hello: I like the Safariland 771's for Production, Limited and Open. They fit alot of different mags and just work great for me. I have tried most of the mag holders out there and the Safariland are the best bang for the buck. The 77'1's I use have been using with 2011, Glock, CZ and Para mags. They all fit and work. The last ones I got from Shooters Connection. Hey, by the way Welcome to the best group of gun guys around :cheers: Thanks, Eric

If you are like most of us you will have a drawer or shelf full of mag pouches before you find the one that you like the best. Good luck.

+1,000,000 Don't forget the other shelves and drawers full of holsters, belts, shooting glasses, range bags, training dvd's, books, grips, barrels, recoil springs, guide rods, different lubes, cleaners, etc etc and etc. Oh and of course the collection of shooting shirts from every major match over the years. :P

If you are like most of us you will have a drawer or shelf full of mag pouches before you find the one that you like the best. Good luck.

+1,000,000 Don't forget the other shelves and drawers full of holsters, belts, shooting glasses, range bags, training dvd's, books, grips, barrels, recoil springs, guide rods, different lubes, cleaners, etc etc and etc. Oh and of course the collection of shooting shirts from every major match over the years. :P

Hopefully with the aid of BE.com members, the OP will be able to at least weed out some of the junk :P

Where the CR might be overkill for production, I don't necessarily think it would be a bad thing to buy. I use the DAA pouches for production, but my reasoning was that I wouldn't have to buy new mag pouches later when I decided to play in limited or L10.

Right now I have 2 Safariland 771's and a double mag pouch.... while it works quite well, I want to replace the double mag pouch with 2 more 771's. Really easy to get mags from, and adjustable...

only thing though, have a double alpha belt... and the slot on the 771's for the belt is a tad small.

I don't think the CR speed pouches are overkill for production either. I personally run blade-techs because I wanted to be consistent with what I use for CCW, but the CR speed pouches I bought for my Fiancee are terrific. I really like how adjustable they are, and with one pouch you can be competitive in many divisions. Additionally you can accommodate many different magazine sizes by switching out the inserts. If you're only going to use 1 belt and 1 set of pouches I think you would be hard pressed to find a better combo than CR Speed.

CAZ