Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCW 4 shell caddies

Pro2AInPA

i got a couple from Dillon a couple weeks ago. had them ordered for quite some time and when my parts order for my 550 showed up, those were in the box too. not sure if they are still in stock or not, but its a place to check out.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

To my mind, the spring to release the shells is in the 6 shell version of the CCW is too strong. If prefer the 4 shell version.

To my mind the CCW shell holders are O.K., but they aren´t of good workmanship and they are high in price (in respect of quality).

Altogether I will try mark otto's stuff, next time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Those with skill and can grab a bunch of shells, can grab 4, and they prefer to have 4 in the holder because it is fast to just grab the whole tray, so a tray of 4 is fastest. Those of us with less skill can use the 6 rd because we do not grab the whole load at once and more rounds per tray means fewer trays.

Lee

Lee,

That is an honest statement. I am getting ready to order some holders and there are none to try where I live....But I just spent some time in the garage with some dummy rounds and I can hold 3 much better than 4, four shells just feel clumsy. So it might be wise to get 6 shell holders unless someone has a different approach!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...