Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

? On Mounting Ior 1.1-4x Crt Scope On Ar

Religious Shooter

You would need a really tall set of rings, like the ones made by Warne. Otherwise a riser block would be needed. A typical distance from center line of scope to center line of bore should be about 2.75"-3" (for most shooters). The highest set of rings won't even come close, unless made specifically for flat top ARs (like the Warne). A really nice option is to get an ASA or Armalite 1-pc scope mount.

We are using the Arms #35 quick detach mount with Arms #35 QD rings. Either the ultra low or medium rings will work. One of my friends was able to use the ultra low's, I had to go to the medium due to the differences in our facial structure.

These are mounted on a standard style flat top without a front sight tower. They get the scope as close as possible to the barrel. Its a better setup than the Armalite 1 piece mount as far as distance to the barrel. No riser block is needed.

One other of my friends who has neck problems used the GG&G scout rail with Valdada low rings to mount the scope further up the receiver. We have done a lot of experimentation and there are several good alternatives without going to a riser block or high rings as long as you don't have a front sight tower.

I like the extended rail as I'm a stock crawler.

I shoot with my nose on the CH.

I just put the IOR on my rifle. I am no AR15 expert and I did not know I was gonna want an extended rail :angry:

Can I mount the scope with both rings between the eyepiece and the center? Is this a totally stupid idea?? :blink:

I used the IOR mid height rings and I like the height of the scope.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to figure out what height the rings needs to be to clear a BUIS.

For those that have the scope, can you guys please measure and tell me what the eyepiece's diameter is? I can't find the info on Valdada's website.

I'm calculating from the picture that it is 41.5 mm or 1.63 inches.