Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting two matches the same night

AzShooter

Phoenix is a great place to live and shoot. Tonight I decided to shoot a match at the Phoenix Rod and Gun Club by South Mountain. Nice range. They had four steel stages in four separage bays. I like that. Shot with some old friends and met some new people. They enjoyed shooting with a revolver guy because they could pick up my moons real easily instead of having to chase auto brass.

First time shooting a J-Point on my 627. I wasn't too confident on stage one but got better on every stage. Only had two misses on stage one. All the other stages I was able to shoot them with no misses.

Felt good.

After the match I drove 60 miles to Ben Avery Shooting Facility in North Pnoenix and shot the Cactus League match. It's a combination of papper and steel targets. They shoot three stages at the same time in one bay and the fourth stage in a separate bay.

Stage design was very good tonight. Real good for the auto shooters. I shot my Retro gun to have more practice. Had great reloads with my speedloaders. Nothing to write home about but I was happy. Did pourly on the one stage that required a 25 yard run, actually a hobble with my leg braces on.

I had excellent hits, good times but learned I need a fiber optic on my retro gun. The night lights out there made it very difficult to pick up that red ramp on my 6 inch 686.

It's fun to shoot two matches. I haven't had the stamina to do that in years so things are looking up. If I can keep this up I'll plan on attending some of the bigger matches around the area.

That's really living.

I've shot a match on Saturday and a second on Sunday -

that's really a blast.

One time, I shot the same match, at the same time,

with a limited gun and then an open gun - in the

same squad. I'd shoot it, switch holsters and mags,

and shoot it again before I left the COF> That was

a little too much work, and won't try that again.

One time, I shot the same match, at the same time,

with a limited gun and then an open gun - in the

same squad. I'd shoot it, switch holsters and mags,

and shoot it again before I left the COF> That was

a little too much work, and won't try that again.

I tried that also first open division and after few shooters limited division. I used same rig which is set up limeted style. I have STI open gun major 9 and STI limeted gun .40 S&W so guns fit the same Ghost holster and I didn't need to change the rig only guns and mags. Easy and fun. :D