Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cool video

dkleskiw

Generally, I am not afraid of heights. Ski lifts, crevices at the Grand Canyon, looking over the upper waterfalls in Maui. BUT this one had me getting a little uneasy. NFW could I even come close to doing that! Those guys have major balls.

I wonder if they wear parachutes?

A parachute probably wouldn't do them a bit of good. They would be beat to a pulp as they bounced off of the tower during their fall.

Pat

That and if they didn't already have the drogue chute in their hand to make it release faster the main chute probably would not deploy successfully or would wrap around the tower or the guide wires.

I've climbed 500 foot communications towers before (I'm a contractor for AT&T), but that is totally INSANE! 500 is scary....500 foot seems like forever climbing up, especially with a harness (I have free climbed them before!), but believe it or not, the hardest part is climbing down. While going up, you are using mostly your legs to lift yourself up...On the way down, it's all arms. Literally, when I've got to the ground after climbing, my arms wouldn't straighten out, perma bend at the elbow for a couple of hours...