Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

? EzWinScore ?

Ray_Z

I have several shooters that shot with us last weekend that don't want their classifier score to be posted to their number. I supposed they didn't do as well as they wanted to and don't want it to show. I've never had this request before and I don't know what to do. How can I do that? Should I do that?

The following excerpt was taken directly from the USPSA website, under Additional Content-Classification Administration. So you may see it for yourself. Specifically read paragraph 10. You may also want to point out to those shooters that paragraphs 5 or 6 may be to their advantage also.

The following represents official USPSA policy as adopted by the Board of Directors.

1. Classification hit factors will be input every month. All classifiers received at USPSA headquarters on or before the 10th of the month will be input that same month. Those received after the 10th will be input and reported the following month.

2. For initial classification, shooters who have 4 or more valid, different classifier scores input at Headquarters by the 10th of a month can expect to receive their classification card by the end of that same month.

3. For reclassification, the most recent 8 unduplicated classifier scores are used for determining classification percentage, the two lowest which are not duplicates are dropped before averaging the remaining high six.

4. If a shooter's membership has been expired for more than two months, classif er scores are not entered for him/her. Once a membership is renewed, classifier scores will again be entered for that shooter.

5. If a person shoots a hit factor that results in a final score of 2 percent or lower on a classifier it is not entered. That score does not count for credit for shooting the four diff rent classifier scores required for classification.

6. Effective January 1, 1997, if a classification score for one category is more than one class below the shooter's other category, the low score will not be entered. No category class will be more than one class lower than the other.

7. A person may be up-classed if the percentage he receives at a major tournament match (e.g.: Nationals, Area matches, some large Sectional and State matches, Tournaments, etc.) is in a higher class than his present classification status.

8. A person may be down-classed if the shooter requests in writing a review of is classification record; if there are no scores on record for at least one year in his assigned lass; and if the president of his club, or the Section Coordinator, writes and verifies that the shooter's ability actually is in the lower class requested. Final decision to down-class remains with President of USPSA. (Special circumstances may be considered in cases of severe, permanent injury.)

9. If a person loses his classification by dropping membership for a period of three years or less, he shall be reinstated in class according to previously known ability once he resumes competing.

10. All classification score sheets must be returned to USPSA for entry. Neither the Range officer nor the Competitor may cross out or invalidate a score, and that future revisions to the classification score sheets reflect this change in policy. (adopted 2/1/98)

11. If a shooter is not classified in a particular category, the first four scoresheets will be accepted regardless of percentage, but the shooters initial classification wil not be more than one class lower than the other category. (adopted 2/1/98)

Edited by Chris Keen

I'm just assuming they have been members for a long time. Once upon a time, in the early 1990's, shooters could request that we not send in a classifier that they felt it did not reflect their "best effort." It was abused. It was stopped in 1998 as noted in the previous posts.

If I get this question, I tell people that all the classifiers stay in the system when I upload electronically & the only way to eliminate a classifier is to DQ on a subsequent stage. :devil:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited by LChico

• 2 months later...

10. All classification score sheets must be returned to USPSA for entry. Neither the Range officer nor the Competitor may cross out or invalidate a score, and that future revisions to the classification score sheets reflect this change in policy. (adopted 2/1/98)

Damn, this stuff needs to be updated! USPSA hasn't wanted us to send in scoresheets for at least a decade now.