Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

140mm base pads

Puma

I currently compete in the production class and would like to purchase base pads to add to the number of rounds and compete in limmited/minor. Which are the best 140mm pads being made for the MP9-L ?

I just bought a Nevco to try out and it does not fit the magazine. The base pad will not fit onto the magazine tube fully because the taper on the front of the tube is too wide. Anyone have similar problem or have a solution?

I just bought a Nevco to try out and it does not fit the magazine. The base pad will not fit onto the magazine tube fully because the taper on the front of the tube is too wide. Anyone have similar problem or have a solution?

Did you order it from us?

It appears that the Nevco base pad is made out of specifications. I tried to fit it onto 6 different factory mags and none of them could insert far enough forward to fully seat. The side to side dimensions are fine, but the taper at the front of the mag prevented forward movement to use the set screw and even if the set screw did go in, there would be a gap at the front of the mag. Your results may be different and I hate to be negative about a beautifully machined piece of aluminum, but in my opinion, the base pad had a few cuts incorrectly done. Speed Shooter Specialties has graciously offered to switch it out with a Taylor Freelance so I will go that route. Thanks SSS for the followup, its in the mail to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Mucho thanks to Speed Shooters Supply!! :cheers: I got my replacement extended base pad today and it fits perfectly! More important than that; it works perfectly! Taylor Freelance has a quality product here that exceeds my expectations. It is such a pleasure to get something designed precisely and machined to perfection.

All I did was smooth up the inside front of the base pad to avoid the spring kink when reloading the 16th or 17th round of 40. An easy job and then I could load 20 rounds, but seating into the gun too a little bit too much effort for my weakling hands. So I reduced the thickness of the follower, cutting from the top going downwards to reduce the thickness in half, and now get 20 rounds of 40 cal. reloadable with only a slightly increased effort over 19 rounds.

Put a little bit of 242 Loctite on the screws so they won't go walking out, and it's all done.

Now it is time to go blasting to see if it works on the range!