Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cycling to half-cock

FranDoc

This started about a half hour into practice ...

Load mag, rack slide/chamber a BB. Gun fires BB, but the slide doesn't move far enough to push the hammer past half cock.

Rack the slide, fire again, same thing.

I've taken the top end apart (not the 'firing pin' part of the slide, that's next), cleaned, lubed. Same thing still happening. I've examined the lower as much as I can without dismantling the whole thing.

Any suggestions on how to fix this, what to look at, what to clean/lube, what might be wrong, etc?

I had to send mine back for repair when it was doing this. :unsure:

Are you holding the green gas can straight up and down when filling the mag? I also found my HiCappa wouldn't fire a whole magazine before getting to cold to work right and I had to fill it with gas a lot sooner than my Glock air soft.

Stock recoil spring that's been in the gun since day 1. This occurred in the middle of a normal practice session. Gun functioned fine, then started this when I inserted a new mag, then did this with every magazine.

I'm guessing there's an air leak. It's gone in for repair. Fingers crossed ....

It's been gone 2 days, and I miss it already .... Plain dry fire practice just isn't the same.

Edited by FranDoc

I hear you. That's why I have 2. It's cheaper than a back up gun. Plus I do more rounds on my airsoft. One trick I did since I got lazy cleaning my mess is to disable the slidelock so I would still experience blow back without using pellets.

My "downrange" is either a farm field or one of the local LE sites (I got certified as an OPOTA Range Safety Officer, so now have "credentials"). I use bio pellets -- one pass of the mower and they're powder. I don't shoot the green gas - or the pellets - indoors.