Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Our little girl

rtr

My wife and I lost our beloved Katie this morning. We were fortunate to be with her at the end and to be able to make the call to let her go and take her pain into our hearts.

We adopted Katie 3 years and 4 months ago from our local Humane Society, she was covered in diarrhea and had one eye with a huge ulcer. She never stopped loving us from the minute she arrived in our home. She was my constant companion, literally my shadow, she stayed with me in bed for days on end as I recovered from a surgery earlier this summer. She was only 9 years old, gone too soon. We miss her tremendously.

RIP Baby Girl

post-1759-042219400 1284512680_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that you're dog is no longer with you and your wife. They definitely are members of the family, at least mine are. I know how hard it is to see them go but at least you were able to be with her when it was her time.

Take care.

Truly sorry Chris. No words fill the void left.

I Stood By Your Bed Last Night

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep. I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear, "It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea, You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore. I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care. I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key. I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair. I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you everyday. To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew, in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning and say "good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide, I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see. Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.

- Author unknown

sorry for your loss. you were all blessed to find and have each other. i know the heartache you feel. i know the doubts you have now to avoid the pain in the future. it would be easiest to not go through it again. always remember there are too many good dogs in need and looking for good people. god bless.