Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI trubor or matchmaster

mark carr

Hi Guys I have been out of uspsa shooting for a while ( 8 years ) and need a new open gun I made up my mind to go with STI but can't make up my mind between the trubor or the matchmaster the quick handling of the matchmaster sounds good but I don't know about the dot jumping. Any body out there that has experience with both some info would be greatly appreciated. trying to get something that's already to go don't really have time for a custom job. Thanks. Mark

post-26600-038669200 1284508642_thumb.jp

@ $3000 you can be shooting a custom gun that will run forever. I like my 5" gun more than any shorty I have ever shot. That is completely subjective to taste.

Bedell

Benny hill

cheely

gans

canyon creek

+ countless others will build you a gun better suited for your needs and you get a LOT more for your money than buying a factory gun and having to spend $200 just to make it run. If you want to save some money, buy used. There is a beautiful millenium custom gun in the classifieds for $2200... If I didn't live in a place like CA, I would of bought it in a heartbeat. Go check it out! Don't worry about the roundcount on that gun either. It's got another 150000 rounds before rebarreling. Go! Go steal that gun!!!

Id say match master,,, its a lot easier to add a tungston guide rod to get some weight up front than it is to lighten the slide of the Trubore, STI will be more than happy to get your new gun to run for the regular price.

Welcome (back)! I think most folks are likely better off with a 5" gun, or something similar. If time really is an issue (how much of a shooting season do you have left there?) and you don't want to go used, I'd order up a Trubor from Bob at Brazos and get the High Performance package, or go with Dawson and get their Supertuned package. R,

Hey G-ManBart thats kind of the way I was thinking a dawson preped gun but I will check out the classified. Time wise we have just a couple more weekends here but I am heading south for some shooting in November the desert classic and what ever shoots I can find around that time. Thanks, Mark.

Edited by mark carr

Hey G-ManBart thats kind of the way I was thinking a dawson preped gun but I will check out the classified. Time wise we have just a couple more weekends here but I am heading south for some shooting in November the desert classic and ever shoots I can find around that time. Thanks, Mark.

I bought a Dawson Supertuned Edge (for Limited) when I got back into the sport and it worked out really well.

A big factor in picking a new Open gun is choosing 9 Major or Super/SC (for the most part as a few others are used as well). If you're leaning towards 9, I'd probably opt for a custom gun that's more likely to run....they can be a bit picky and the sideways scope mounts really help with that. R,

I love my trubor in 9X19! I haven't had any issues other than the mags and now im having an issue with the slide stop but it's an eassy fix. Call Shooters Connection they have one left i believe for about 2500. Good luck and have fun!

I have to agree with Bart aka G-man, a shorty can be a bit violent. I've got both and the full size is easier to shoot. The good news is that the newer TruBore has an improved comp. The only thing the match master has is a lighter slide, and you can get the TruBore hacked up later. Get one of Bobs super tuned or Dawson's, you get a decent trigger with these packages and a gun that runs. 9 mm or 38 superComp pick your poison, but get the big comp, that little two port won't get the job done. A friend of mine let me shoot his, crap it about jumped outa my hands, he was shooting WSF.