Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who Has The Lowest Membership Number

So, Uncle Vinnie, who's the highest RD number? In what country?

Boy, I really have no idea, but I don't expect many Regions would've had more than, say, 5 RDs ever. I was RD2 for Hong Kong (1996-2002), and the current guy here is RD3.

As Mike Voigt "suggested" in his post, it's not exactly a position where there's a long line of applicants B)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Sound of "Hail to the Chief"...

Didn't know we had Mr. President amongst our ranks. Good to see you here, Sir.

"Hail to the Chief" off.

Haven't peeked in this topic before but from the regular membership (A, TY, FY) it seems Ross Carter is winning with A307, followed closely by our fearless host Mr. Enos with A387.

No Mike, the RD4 doesn't count... ;)

• 8 months later...
My shooting buddy in Bolivia has CL-132!!!!  He was a kid at the 76' Colombia conference and felt he shouldn't really fight for a two digit #.

Beat that one!!!

NEMO! CHARTER LIFE 132 Mike Schaeffer is still the champ, at least until "The Colonel" rescinds his resignation and pick up CL-1 again.

My shooting buddy in Bolivia has CL-132!!!!  He was a kid at the 76' Colombia conference and felt he shouldn't really fight for a two digit #.

Beat that one!!!

NEMO! CHARTER LIFE 132 Mike Schaeffer is still the champ, at least until "The Colonel" rescinds his resignation and pick up CL-1 again.

IIRC, Jeff is "HCL-1".

There's no good correlation that I know of between L numbers and A-numbers, so it's kinda hard to say 'which came first'. The CL, CA and CAL's are all way down there and many right at the start. A quick perusal of the 1994 Classifier book shows very few A-numbers under 500 or even 1000 still active then.

good point Shred, but these guys were there, arguing over who got which number as we were formed. There was no L vs. TY vs. A with them. They were starting it up and all of them were grabbing life numbers.

Of course this summa bich is still holding a "B" card and has finished high "B" at the last two NAts, and made top 32 at the WS. He has asked to be moved up and they won't. He's working over seas and hasn't posted any classifiers.

Minor drift continued; I was going to sign up the Santa Cruz club as a foriegn classifier affiliate, so I could chase the "G" and he could get something more appropo than a "B". The rest of the shooters weren't into it and I would have had to pony up the $200 myself. It felt like "buying" my G-card would have been kinda grandbagging and I felt like a wuss so I bagged the idea.

I did run six classifiers down there as part of "Cope Gringo Segundo" though. Suffice it to say I know where I was classification wise before I left, and I know where that damned "B" is, and HE needs an "M" if not a "G". He "hunned" two of them and put up two more 90+. How many "B's" at your club can do that?

Sorry for the drift. All in favor of moving Mike up to "M" at least sign the petition.

Edited by dirtypool40

How about we start a new identifier.

For the one person that has changed the sport and the sportsmen immeasurably.

For hosting the place that has defined the vibe of the sport.

For allowing his name to be associated with this sport and it's gestation.

For defining the mood of USPSA and the civil approach we all demand.

I propose BE-1

Life long, non transferable and in gratitude to service to the sport.

( I'll let you guess who should recieve this one...)

• 2 weeks later...

A-2745. I joined sometime in the early to mid 80s. Used to shoot IPSC matches not only in Spokane, but also in the Seattle area, LaGrande, OR and Nampa, ID. Shot my first and only nationals in 1988. Believe that my 1st time at the SOF was 1984. Seeing as to how I was on the WA NG pistol team, my main shooting was bullseye. Had fun then and am trying to get back into IPSC shooting and plan on shooting Limited and Single Stack.

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Not as low as a lot of you folks - A2776 originally; now L1571

The CL, CA and CAL's are all way down there

I would hope so, since the "C" stands for "Charter".

A reminder to those of you with "CA" (Charter Annual) numbers who aren't upgrading to Life becauseof your cool number.

USPSA will convert your CA# to the equivalent CAL# (Charter Annual Life) so you can get all the benefits of life membership without losing your cool number. The CAL prefix was introduced specifically for this purpose.

Non-unique numeric member numbers are one of the banes of my existence (the other lives in Colorado), because of the difficulty in linking members as their number change - an individuals numeric prefix can change as the move from A/TY/FY (no number change when moving between these) to L (number change) to B (benefactor) and occasionally to RD. It would have been SO much easier if the member number were a "number", and the prefix a type designator.

• 1 month later...

I am L484, which for for some reason,(today only) the number kind of reminds me of folks talking about their spinal problems. I remember some of the matches back in the day when after we observed the police shoot their revolvers(and I think every department has come a real long way since then, we love our police officers!) I decided if I was ever a hostage I was as good as a deadman. We used to have special shoots just for police where some of the guys in the club who were police themselves would try and teach their brothers some new tricks and stuff. Back then I used to be able to load a thousand rounds of 45 for around 50 bucks. Our range was in a junkyard and the railroad embankment was the backstop. If the guns broke we could usually find the parts somewhere behind us!!!

Edited by earlbob

• 3 years later...

USPSA #A-1180. I was out of USPSA for several years, but found out I could get back my original number if I re-upped. Since I haven't been to many matches the last few years, everyone at the club sees me as a "new guy", and assumes it's a mistake when they see an Annual membership number with 4 digits.....