Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Articles

Duane Thomas

Not really a question, more an announcement, but my article on Sandbagging/Grandbagging has finally been published in this month's Front Sight (page 69 if memory serves me correctly). Also I've got an article titled "Why You Should Shoot IPSC" in this month's Gun World that you guys might get a kick out of.

Duane:

I sure like your article. It's well thought out and well presented.

I ran into a fellow that really ads new dimensions to the term sandbagger. One of our better local shooters keeps really kicking my butt. I even saw this guy do the Times Two classifier with all A hits in under 6 seconds (limited gun). Been wondering how a guy who shoots Master class classifiers could still be in the B class, especially when he is tuning up to attend some major matches next summer. The answer is pretty simple. The guy let his USPSA membership expire a year (or more) ago. When he rejoins he will be a shooting at Master class level with his old B classification. I hope he loses his ass to another sandbagger, lol.

(Edited by Ron Ankeny at 8:10 pm on Oct. 31, 2001)

I didn't see myself quoted Duane!

Now that I actually understand to difference between the two, I can say with full understanding, I'm a Grandbagger!

If I can't learn to shoot as well as the best, I should find another sport.  I like to be in an arena where "the best" are, It forces me to perform at a higher level.  PUSH-PUSH...!

The key to success:

"Surround yourself with good people"

I agree it was a good article.

At some clubs I've been accused of being a grandbagger and have gotten a little hard time about it.  Every once in awhile I'll over hear someone talking about me and it can get to be a downer.  I'm getting ready to break into Master but a friend of mine always likes to remind me that he thinks I should still be in B class.

On the other hand I've also been accused of being a sandbagger too so what does that go to show?

My goal for 2002 is to make master in production(and/or Lim) and if I do that, even if it's from a little sandbagging, I'll have earned some bragging rights having made it with a production gun, carry rig, and minor scoring.  Wait till the whiners get a load of me.

Also Mike Voigts article on the world assembly gives valuble insight to the inner workings of the IPSC board. Why is there an IPSC Executive council AND an IPSC presidents council? Good to see our hard working IPSC prez is forcing another unwanted, unusable rule on us (HFx scoring system). We don't need it but he is ordering votes for it. Glad to see Mike is having no part of it. Maybe I'll only be shooting USPSA from now on (wonder if they are looking for foriegn national affiliations). Might be time to abandon IPSC and have other countries join USPSA. Make a new start with a group that seems to have its head a bit more on its shoulders.

Pat

Thats interesting reading Pat, I wondered how Nick got away with the original 14th Edn. debacle. There were howls of protest in this part of the world, with the aussies refusing to implement it.

Where does his support come from?

Hope that Front Sight arrives soon!!

Its easy...get votes from lots of small countries and ones that don't allow civilian ownership of guns...'cuz what do they care right :)..like china etc.  Why do you think Nick flies to all those places? He can't get support from the larger membership countries so he lets in lots of ones that violate the origional principals of the sport (that civilian ownership must be allowed in the applying country)...then he gets votes

Side note the individual who created HFX has two other distinctions...AD'ing on Todd Jarretts course (i was standing about 6 feet away) at the safety table!...And then later AD'ing into his own head (after a home trigger job) at an IPSC match at his home club...since he's been off work due to that, he's had lots of time to come up with wacky ideas like this....Oh yeah he also makes those MAS parts ( base pads etc for Paras ) ..how much money do you think he's getting from IPSC for this?...I'd sure like to know!

Pat