Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45 Degree Irons

GorillaTactical

back almost exactly 4 years ago, forum member BigDave started a thread on what he had cobbled up for secondary irons.

it is reallylate and I am rewally tired of this so called smart phone.

just do a search for bigdave and secondary as a keyword and his thrwad will show up.

and maybe on video google you can find my hatcam video where I did the canted AR sights thing....just video google AR CANTED SIGHTS....it might pop up.

the advantage, I think, is being able to frame the brown cardboard targets inside the bunny ears of an A2 front sight or a front flip up.

back almost exactly 4 years ago, forum member BigDave started a thread on what he had cobbled up for secondary irons.

it is reallylate and I am rewally tired of this so called smart phone.

just do a search for bigdave and secondary as a keyword and his thrwad will show up.

and maybe on video google you can find my hatcam video where I did the canted AR sights thing....just video google AR CANTED SIGHTS....it might pop up.

the advantage, I think, is being able to frame the brown cardboard targets inside the bunny ears of an A2 front sight or a front flip up.

I did see BigDave's post using the YHM mounts. but he also noted that it didn't work 100%....I'm more concerned with whether the sights I referenced have had any good/bad feedback. I'll be sure to search for you video.

well, I clicked on the reviews at the midway link you provided and that confirmed my suspicions. there isn't enough windage and/or elevation adjustment in that sight.

I think when I cobbled up something for my collection of BUIS, I had to have a friend mill up a shim for me so I could get it sighted right on

anywhoooo....my point being if you already have the BUIS's then it might be cheaper to buy the angled adapter pieces from YHM.

well, I clicked on the reviews at the midway link you provided and that confirmed my suspicions. there isn't enough windage and/or elevation adjustment in that sight.

I think when I cobbled up something for my collection of BUIS, I had to have a friend mill up a shim for me so I could get it sighted right on

anywhoooo....my point being if you already have the BUIS's then it might be cheaper to buy the angled adapter pieces from YHM.

Thanks for the input...don't have the BUIS anymore so I would need to buy everything from scratch again. I read those reviews as well and that's what prompted me to check with yall...I don't know that 1" low is really a problem for using it for close range hoser stages...idk though, I'm new to the 45 degree irons. Would buying the YHM offset pieces with a JP rail be a better option? I feel like it might encounter the same problem

Edited by GorillaTactical

I have a JP short range sight. They are nice, durable also. Should go onto the Troy with the addition of one 4 inch rail. They mount up real solid and thats a must.

Jay

I'm running a troy battle rail...they make a 4inch rail that mounts at 45 degrees?

Sorry, was thinking the Troy VTAC

Jay

I was planning on getting two Daniel Defense offset mounts and a set of sights, till I realized price wise it was pretty close to the Dueck setup. I figured if you're gonna be silly and spend money you don't have on something you may not really need, you might as well do it right. B)

I like the Dueck sights, but I've yet to use them in a match, so the verdict is still out. The only problem I have with them is that I'm used to shooting with both eyes open. The scope blocks my left eye and gives my brain a confusing image. So I have to close my left eye when I use them, which at this point is unatural for me.

The only problem I have with them is that I'm used to shooting with both eyes open. The scope blocks my left eye and gives my brain a confusing image. So I have to close my left eye when I use them, which at this point is unatural for me.

Luckily for me, I'm left eye dominant so I normally can't shoot both open (even though it feels better when I try...wider field of vision), but when I shoot the 45 irons, I can open both eyes and for whatever my eye focuses on the sights haha...