Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA Mini-Targets

Steve Koski

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

No no no. If you're half scale then at 10 feet the target would appear 5 feet away.

Steve,

You are looking into the wrong end of the telescope. ;)

The target is half size, so at 10 feet it looks like it is 20 feet away.

I've had reduced size targets on my website for a decade or so. http://www.parmarng.org/freeidaho On the second screen, left hand side look for Printable Targets.

kr

Edited by freeidaho

this is fantastic! Thanks! BTW, does anyone know how to shade in the target so that it is the color of cardboard? that way, when I print it out, it looks like an actual IDPA carboard target?

thanks again!

Buy tan paper for your printer.

kr

If you don't have a large printer you could get them done at a Kinkos pretty cheap.

I'm going to try that out

Basically you place the target as much closer as it is smaller than a real target. For instance if it's a 1/2 size target and you want to simulate a full-size target at 30 feet, you place it two times closer, or half the distance: in this case, 15 feet. If it's a 1/3 target, you place it three times closer: 10 feet. If it's a 1/6 target, you place it six times closer: 5 feet. You get the idea.

this is fantastic! Thanks! BTW, does anyone know how to shade in the target so that it is the color of cardboard? that way, when I print it out, it looks like an actual IDPA carboard target?

thanks again!

Buy tan paper for your printer.

kr

Thanks, Ken, but what I was looking for was a way to have just the target be tan-colored, and the rest be white.