Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

View New Content

Sarge

When using VNC on my computer, I continue to get multiple listings of the same post on the same page. This has been an on-going problem since the so-called "upgrade" (snickers), and there appears to be no cure, guess I'll just learn to overlook the repeated posts.

Am I the only one who's having this problem? Perhaps I have my settings wrong? Any ideas for a fix?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just you. Mine has done the same thing since the upgrade. I just expect it and ignore it.

It's ironic. This thread showed up twice at the top of two different pages.:roflol:

Also, about once a week I get "no new content found" and have to change my settings.

dry.gif

Edited by Sarge

• 4 weeks later...

Another little wrinkle with VNC. When a topic gets deleted, it still shows up in "VIew New Content." It's listed in the "Trash Can" and when you click on it you get an error message, but it still shows up in the VNC list.

Another little wrinkle with VNC. When a topic gets deleted, it still shows up in "VIew New Content." It's listed in the "Trash Can" and when you click on it you get an error message, but it still shows up in the VNC list.

Thanks.

Something related that I wondered about - do threads in the Admin forum show up in VNC (and you get the same error message)?

be

• 1 month later...

VNC seesm to be acting up badly today. I visited this morning, and it worked (as usual, duplicate posts, etc.), then the entire site was down, and when I click on it now, I get this:

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

«Return to the index

IP people have big brass ones for charging people for this version, the view new posts duplicates issues has basically made me read this forum less, it is that annoying to me. For a commercial product, to be broken for this long, it is just not acceptable.

BTW, not mad at BE or the rest of the local admins, just at the product itself.

VNP just tanked on me. Worked up till yesterday evening.

Makes it impossible to keep up with new stuff on the forum.

I agree with Matt. I dont know how anybody, save maybe a moderator, would want to see easch individual sub-forum, or category ....as opposed to seeing what's "new". I use the VNC button, as if I'm checking the latest news on tv or internet. :)

Been getting this for the last hour or so:

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

«Return to the index

Been getting this for the last hour or so:

«Return to the index

Getting the same thing here.

Patrick

Well since the other thread got slammed shut I'll add that I'm getting;

There appears to be an error with the database. If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

«Return to the index

And I agree with a few others that this is getting WAAAY too common.