Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

View New Content

Sarge

Got no new content found again tonight. VNC set to since last visit. Changing to have not been read brought up posts but the times were all off by one hour. Posts were listed as being made an hour earlier.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarge, it has never been working right for me since the upgrade. I go through the posts, (view content I have not read), and about on page 4, the posts start doubling. It will show a post from 2 minutes ago which was on page one, then lower down the page (usually around the 5 or 6th post) it will go back to where it was supposed to be (I.E. it will show a post from 15 hours ago, right under a post from 2 minutes ago). I've just learned to deal with it...So it takes me a bit more time to read the forums, so what, it's usually night, I can't shoot, I'm usually in a hotel room, and I'm a chronic insomniac. Gives me something to look forward to! :lol:

Sarge, it has never been working right for me since the upgrade. I go through the posts, (view content I have not read), and about on page 4, the posts start doubling. It will show a post from 2 minutes ago which was on page one, then lower down the page (usually around the 5 or 6th post) it will go back to where it was supposed to be (I.E. it will show a post from 15 hours ago, right under a post from 2 minutes ago). I've just learned to deal with it...So it takes me a bit more time to read the forums, so what, it's usually night, I can't shoot, I'm usually in a hotel room, and I'm a chronic insomniac. Gives me something to look forward to! :lol:

Much the same problem here........ SO far it is a minor nag....but there is a problem.

I've noted repeated inconsistencies as well... and have kinda just given up on it.

I especially find amusing the floating/repeating new post that shows up on more than one page... maybe three or four times, depending on how many new pages there are. Too weird. :rolleyes:

I've noted repeated inconsistencies as well... and have kinda just given up on it.

I especially find amusing the floating/repeating new post that shows up on more than one page... maybe three or four times, depending on how many new pages there are. Too weird. :rolleyes:

+1

Pat

Edited by whatmeworry

• 1 month later...

Since the update, under VNC, I get repeated post on every single page. The further you go back, the more that show up. Usually, around page 8 or so, all I get is the very newest content (within the last hour or two) and maybe 1-5 post of older stuff. I don't log out when I leave, so many times I get back on, it lists 478 new post or however many new ones there have been, and most seem to be the repeated posts. I clear my cookies (or mark the board as read), and all is fine, until it gets to more than 1 page of results, then it starts repeating again. I said earlier in this topic, that it's a bit to wade through it all, but I'd rather have the forum working somewhat, than not working at all. Thanks for all you do, Brian! (or would that be Brain?) :cheers:

I get similar repeated posts but didn't on the 1st day of the month. That leads me to believe there is a bug in the date logic that paginates the data. If it's accessible I'd be happy to look at it.

Thanks Mike. But I have no idea where to even begin looking for it. (I had Spinx installed by Total Server Solutions.)

But I will post your comments in the bug report thread on it IP's forums.

be

VNC has gone to crap again (at least for me). I can click on VNC three different times back-to-back and will get wildly different results each time. Ever since the switch several months back, VNC hasn't been 100% and now it seems to be even worse than normal.

I really miss the old reliable system.

• 1 month later...

Ah, c'mon guys! It's acting up for everyone! What's a few more clicks, looking for something, when you have the best forum there is? I say get used to it, and stop complaining until the next update, then we can ALL start complaining again about how this one was better! :roflol:

Glad to know I'm not the only one dealing with this. Any idea on an update/fix?

Unfortunately, still nothing from IP on whether it's fixed or not. (I'm getting pretty good at ignoring duplicate VNC or My Content threads.)

be

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, c'mon guys! It's acting up for everyone! What's a few more clicks, looking for something, when you have the best forum there is? I say get used to it, and stop complaining until the next update, then we can ALL start complaining again about how this one was better! :roflol:

No complaint here. I don't mind cruising around!