Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

change my magwell color?

nxfedlt1

I had a black Ice magwell on my Para P14, and currently have a silver one on my Edge and a red one on my open gun. Love the colors; I dont think the colors are distracting at all. Dawson also has a white replacement plastic insert available to make that big magwell even easier to hit.

I had a black Ice magwell on my Para P14, and currently have a silver one on my Edge and a red one on my open gun. Love the colors; I dont think the colors are distracting at all. Dawson also has a white replacement plastic insert available to make that big magwell even easier to hit.

Huh? with that big magwell you still missing

to hit the reloads? i guess you would if its too fast!

Huh? with that big magwell you still missing

to hit the reloads? i guess you would if its too fast!

I never used an insert in white as I don't feel its necessary, but others out there must do since its available for sale.

Edited by SIG shooter

I have a purple ICE magwell on my limited gun and dont find it distracting in the least...and I thought, or at least it was explained to me by the dawson folks, the plastic insert was derived because it was 'easier' for the mag to 'slide' across plastic than metal in the case of a bobbled and or missed reload, and for those OCD types, it mitigates the nicks and dings to the magwell that you end up filing and or sanding back smooth again...plastic gets nicked up just replace it for a small nominal fee

Edited by calishootr

i have the black magwell and black insert. i took a paint pen and put 2 small white marks on the back right corner of the magwell on the inside (back-right as its pointing down range). Im right handed and when i turn the gun to see the magwell, the white marks on the black magwell seem to help my eyes get there faster, at least thats the theory.

yea, I was always under the impression the delrin insert was for its "self lubricating" capabilities. I was worried that if I went with red, somehow out of my line of sight, I might be picking up the color as opposed to sight and target.