Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gpal Beware (formerly GunPal)

Thanks. I didn't think about the refund thing. And I have removed the instructions for placing a gpal order in my store, but the way my checkout page works, if a customer had my gpal account info, they could still place an order an pay with gpal. But now that I know about the refund thing, that would save me. Thanks again.

be

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other folks were encouraging their customers to just dispute the transaction with their CC company.

I'm not following you on that? What or who's credit card company would be involved with a gpal order?

be

When people order from you and pay by gpal, and they do not have money in their gpal account, it would draw from their credit card.

If you refund fees, the customer just gets the money in their gpal account. If you are not getting your money via withdrawal, best to have customer dispute the charge on their credit card. The CC company will chargeback GunPal.

Update - I have not been paid the $1,248 owed to me by Gpal. I am pursuing a claim with the Environmental and Consumer Law Division of the Sonoma County District Attorney’s Office. If anyone wants to be mentioned in my correspondence with the DA, then please provide your name, email & amount owed. Thanks. Randy

When people order from you and pay by gpal, and they do not have money in their gpal account, it would draw from their credit card.

If you refund fees, the customer just gets the money in their gpal account. If you are not getting your money via withdrawal, best to have customer dispute the charge on their credit card. The CC company will chargeback GunPal.

Thanks.

Update - I have not been paid the $1,248 owed to me by Gpal. I am pursuing a claim with the Environmental and Consumer Law Division of the Sonoma County District Attorney’s Office. If anyone wants to be mentioned in my correspondence with the DA, then please provide your name, email & amount owed. Thanks. Randy

PM incoming.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates? Still no money. Now Calguns is cutting off all ties with gpal. :roflol:<_<

No they're not:

Calguns.net still maintains full faith and confidence in Gpal and their ability to resolve the current issues they are experiencing and will continue to accept Gpal as a payment option for advertising and Contributorships.

Still no contact. Not even regarding closing my account. If they operated somewhere near where I live I would have broken someone's nose by now.

be

I would call the Healdsburg, CA police department and file a theft report. I would also contact the California Attorney General's office of consumer protection.

FYI - gpal has a "F" rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Any updates? Still no money. Now Calguns is cutting off all ties with gpal. :roflol:<_<

No they're not:

Calguns.net still maintains full faith and confidence in Gpal and their ability to resolve the current issues they are experiencing and will continue to accept Gpal as a payment option for advertising and Contributorships.

Read the post.... they are getting rid of the Gpal support forum on the site, the only place where Gpal actually replied. Calguns is now telling everyone else to pound sand.

forwarding FYI, just received the attached notice from the gunsamerica.com website. In a nutshell, it says:

1) gunamerica does not, and has never, endorsed Gpal as a payment system

2) some history about how the gunsamerica site owners say they attempted to do something similar several years ago, why they decided it wouldn't work

3) an update from Gunsamerica on what they understand is the status of the various criminal proceedings/complaints against Gpal.

4) a referral (apprently from Carl Chapman, of the Marin County CA District Attorney's office) to where people should be posting their complaints re: Gpal fraud. resource we're being referred to is the "Internet Crime Complaint Center. The URL for the form is at http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/."

Best of luck to everyone who is working to get what they are owed from Gpal.

gunsamerica GPAL notice.pdf

Edited by jaredr

GPal (aka GunPal) Payment System Under Investigation

This morning we received the following notice from the GunsAmerica operation. It appears there have been serious problems with transactions handled by GPal (formerly GunPal). If you are considering doing a transaction with GPal as the recipient of payments, we suggest you “hold off” until all serious questions have been answered. Please read the following notice.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/

Uhhhh!

I finally received a response from gpal on my "you owe me $299.96" ticket. In their first response, they asked for pretty much all the info I had already provided in my ticket. In their response today, they are asking for proof of delivery for the 4 orders they did not pay me for. My super irrated reply:

> Support Ticket #832055

>

> Dear sir, can you please provide other evidence of delivery, or have your

> customers execute the following form:

>

> Please complete or have the customer complete and email back the following

> Credit Card Authorization Form.

>

>

> http://www.gpal.net/CreditCardAuthorizationForm.pdf

>

> Please make sure to include a photocopy of your card and ID on a subsequent

> page - authorizations without these are invalid.

>

> Thank you.

Greetings,

I do not understand why I need to provide proof of delivery or bother my customers with filling out a form, because that has no relationship with the fact that you have not paid me for the funds that you owe me.

Four of my customers bought products from me, and chose to pay me for them via Gpal. So my customer gave you their money to pay me, which you did not do. So in essence you have stolen money from me and four of my customers. And now you are wasting my time by asking for proof of delivery for each order you have not paid me for! That is absurd.

I did look at that form. And the info it asks for, credit card number and a photocopy of the card, also have no relationship with the fact that you have not paid me for the money you owe me.

So please deposit the funds you owe me, $299.96, in my Wells Fargo, Business Checking Account.

Thank you,

Brian

Please, if anyone has more experience in writing that sort of response, or has critique on what I wrote, feel free to add it to this thread. I'm a bit on the pissed side right now so my head's not so clear.

be

Their response:

> Under our User Agreement, you are required to furnish tracking and other information to us upon request. Please do so.

I'm going to tell them to f*#k off and close my account.

be

A forum member PM'd me an awesome letter to send them, quoting their User Agreement, which I did.

be

I edited the last paragraph slightly:

No where in the User Agreement that it is required to furnish tracking information other than in disputed transactions.

https://www.gpal.net/?req=useragreement

Since there has been no transaction in dispute, to invent one after the fact would be a spurious business practice at best.

The request for Credit Card information well after (several months) the transactions have taken place is either a poorly conceived delay tactic or a week attempt to glean identity and credit card information.

Through a business's practice their reputation is earned. So please ask yourself, is this the reputation you want to earn?

Thank you,

Brian

As I was taking in the 'please do a pile of paper work' response from g-pal,

I found I was thinking both customers (buyer and seller) are not complaining about

a missing item....

so what reason is there for g-pal not finishing the transaction?

Given what I have read so far,

I am thinking g-pal may well have paperwork claiming a dispute.

this is where I got to chuckling...

it does not matter the source of such paperwork.

be it an embezzler hiding tracks before or after the theft...

or a computer guru/hacker out to destroy g-pal or to swipe the cash... or both...

the money is likely to have evaporated.

The reality is that you can expect g-pal will produce proof of a dispute.

I doubt such a tactic will work for long and considering how desperate

they must be, I have little doubt it will only add to the charges

I am sure they are facing.

Trust is required in any trading.