Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gpal Beware (formerly GunPal)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got paid this morning. I applied pressure from a bunch of directions, so I'm not sure which worked. That said, I still think there are shady dealings going on and will be closing my account. My withdrawal was originally requested August 6, and that was delayed 6 weeks because of their microdeposits not showing up until a week after I complained.

Edited by jar

In watching for the recent Gpal settlement to appear in my bank account, BigJoni noted that we have not received any settlements in our account since July 26. Since, as expected, the Gpal support number is actually just an endless hold loop, I emailed them with all the details for the "settlements" that have not appeared in my account.

Thank the lord this is somewhat recent occurrence. Previous to July 26 (the first settlement to not appear) I had multiple big ticket Dillon orders paid via Gpal, that did actually appear in my account. The total for the last 4 transactions that have not appeared is only approx. $300 for all four. Whew.

We'll see what happens.

be

Also seems that the owner of Gpal was arrested for impersonating a police officer a while back.

type in "gpal feedback" in google and the 1st link should take you to all the infromation you want to know about what is going on at Gpal.

Edited by toddrod

Also seems that the owner of Gpal was arrested for impersonating a police officer a while back.

type in "gpal feedback" in google and the 1st link should take you to all the infromation you want to know about what is going on at Gpal.

Thanks.

Wow, googling that returns some pretty shocking results.

I just added:

If, for whatever reason, you have my old Gpal account info, please DO NOT pay for an order with it. I have not receiced the funds for my last 4 Gpal transactions, and from the word on the internet, it doesn't appear that I will get paid for them. But I have to leave my account open with Gpal so that I at least have a chance to get the funds.

...to my Payment Options store page.

So I went to the link at the other forum and read the entire thread (all 49 pages) regarding G-Pal and Ben Cannon. I have several questions: Where is law enforcement? G-man? Any comments? Is there something about this saga that I am missing? Could Ben Cannon actually be innocent? A victim of the ruthless banks he had the misfortune to deal with? And the final and most important question that was raised in the thread? Where is the $$$$?

Edited by The_Vigilante

So I went to the link at the other forum and read the entire thread (all 49 pages) regarding G-Pal and Ben Cannon. I have several questions: Where is law enforcement? G-man? Any comments? Is there something about this saga that I am missing? Could Ben Cannon actually be innocent? A victim of the ruthless banks he had the misfortune to deal with? And the final and most important question that was raised in the thread? Where is the $$$$?

I know it's nuts. And you go to gpal's site, and it looks like business as usual. Meanwhile the fraud continues, for months now.

be

• 2 weeks later...

We were going to accept Gpal in our new store until I started reading this so we signed up and get an occasional email from them, got the one below this morning, I don't know if it has anything to do with all this or not but...

Dear Kenny,

At GPal, we take our responsibility to provide you with a fast and safe way to transact on the web very seriously.

It has come to our attention that several GPal users have been contacted on phone numbers not listed at GPal by persons with blocked caller-IDs, claiming to be our CEO Ben Cannon leaving derogatory or even threatening messages, or asking for user information. Â These sorts of attacks may be an attempt to gain your personal information in order to access your GPal account.

GPal has already initiated legal action against the perpetrators involved, however if you have received any such calls or other suspicious contact, please report it and provide all information you have to support@gpal.net immediately.

Remember: GPal will never contact you on any phone number not listed on your GPal account, or any email address not listed on your account.

When we do contact you, it will be from support@gpal.net or our 800 number 800.813.GPAL (800.813.4725) Â Please report any other contact from anyone claiming to be GPal directly to us at support@gpal.net and/or your local law enforcement and do not divulge any personal information.

A reminder, GPal representatives will never ask you for your password via email or phone.

Thank you for using GPal.

Legal Team

GPal, Inc.

same for me.

I run a nj forum and used Gpal for forum donations and transactions. Trying to withdraw money from there was harder than trying to convince a vegetarian to eat meet.

Needless to say, after the first few issues, I knew better and just did withdrawals once a month as it meant one support ticket.

Do they pay? Yes.... does it take time? Absolutely. Right now they owe me $100.

Gpal sounded like a great partner as they give you a merchant account you can use without monthly fees, however such a shame. Right now back to Paypal. Is paypal anti firearms? Sure... but at least I am getting the money.

Maksim,

Gpal's owed me $300 since July, and neither of my tickets on it have been responded to.

be

Yep. If you put in a withdrawal, it would show processed, however would not appear.

If you then called them up or opened a support ticket, they would process it by hand and I would have the money in 2 days as normal.

Recently it seems that even opening support tickets does nothing.

Was sent this link by another person on Calguns.... not sure if you are ready to read it. =)

http://www.auctionarms.com/Help/Forum/DisplayForum.cfm?SubjectID=34086

Especially from the "good luck" comments in my calguns thread, I think it might be safer to close my Gpal account, than risk another order come through from a customer who previously placed and order with me and paid with Gpal (they might still have account details).

But there's no way to cancel your account on their site. So I sent a support ticket to cancel my account. We'll see how that goes.

At this point I am full on hating Gpal.

be

Especially from the "good luck" comments in my calguns thread, I think it might be safer to close my Gpal account, than risk another order come through from a customer who previously placed and order with me and paid with Gpal (they might still have account details).

But there's no way to cancel your account on their site. So I sent a support ticket to cancel my account. We'll see how that goes.

At this point I am full on hating Gpal.

be

Brian, just remove that option from your online store if you can... or if you get an order... just refund it in the gpal system.