Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gpal Beware (formerly GunPal)

THINK TWICE BEFORE USING GPAL. I SOLD A SHOTGUN. BUYER MADE PAYMENT TO GPAL. GPAL CONFIRMED RECEIPT OF PAYMENT. I MADE A WITHDRAWAL. FUNDS WERE NEVER SENT TO MY ACCOUNT. GPAL IS NOT ANSWERING MY EMAILS AND IS NOT ANSWERING THEIR PHONE.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the warning Randy.

Interesting the the owner/director of calguns.net is the same owner/CEO of gpal. You would think he would know better!

There are actually three different entities at play here.

calguns.net - California-centric gun forum. The forum is owned and operated by Paul Nordberg. Though the forum is hosted by Ben Cannon (Geovario), he has nothing to do with the daily operation of the forum. Like many other paying vendors, GPal has their own vendor subforum and that's where most of the GPal traffic has been.

calguns foundation - California non-profit gun rights organization. Working for expansion of gun rights, mainly in California, but they have also been involved in many national high-profile cases. Ben was on the BOD for a short period.

GPal - Commercial enterprise, mainly targeted at payment processing for firearms-related transactions. Owned and operated by Ben Cannon. Paul Nordberg is on the GPal BoA, but (AFAIK) doesnt really have anything to do with operations or policies.

So yes, there are some dotted lines between GPal, calguns.net and the calguns foundation, but please dont judge calguns.net or the calguns foundation based on the actions of a loosely related company/person. Both calguns.net and the Calguns foundation have been involved in quite a few things to further our 2A rights over the last few years and I'd hate to see any of this reflect on those.

Edited by gose

THINK TWICE BEFORE USING GPAL. I SOLD A SHOTGUN. BUYER MADE PAYMENT TO GPAL. GPAL CONFIRMED RECEIPT OF PAYMENT. I MADE A WITHDRAWAL. FUNDS WERE NEVER SENT TO MY ACCOUNT. GPAL IS NOT ANSWERING MY EMAILS AND IS NOT ANSWERING THEIR PHONE.

Update. I am still have not been paid. I contacted both the Sonoma County California District Attorney and the Healdsburg, CA Police Department. Both were familiar with Gpal and the President, Benjamin Cannon, and said that an investigation was pending. The Address listed with the California Sectrtary of State, Corporations Department is just a "mail drop" location.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT GPAL!!!

Edited by Joseph796

Just a thought, but it sounds as though this should also be a wire fraud case...anytime money is moved electronically, it opens up the wire fraud statutes, and that means you can get the Feds involved...sometimes that makes suspects more cooperative ;)

One wonders why the FBI hasn't gotten involved in this fiasco!!! According to what I read on the forums complaints have been filed with numerous law enforcement agencies. According to the Gpal fanboys it is all the fault of the bank/s who were handling the transfers for Gpal-the bank all of a sudden decided they were no longer going to handle the xfers for firearms.

Just a thought, but it sounds as though this should also be a wire fraud case...anytime money is moved electronically, it opens up the wire fraud statutes, and that means you can get the Feds involved...sometimes that makes suspects more cooperative ;)

What's the best way to go about this? I filed a complaint at the IC3 website today. (Along with the CA and MA AGs offices, BBB, and the FTC) Anything I can do to apply some pressure?

What's the best way to go about this? I filed a complaint at the IC3 website today. (Along with the CA and MA AGs offices, BBB, and the FTC) Anything I can do to apply some pressure?

Actually, IC3 is likely the best way to get the ball rolling, but it's not exactly wicked fast at first. Initially I was thinking ATF might get involved, but since it's really just money, not guns that Gpal dealt with, I'm not sure that would really fit. I'd say it's more likely FBI jurisdiction, because it's across state lines and involves the internet, phones and/or delivery services of some kind (wire and mail fruad). The issue may be the dollar amount....with limited resources I think the US Attorney's office is using $100K for a minimum loss to get involved...but that's situational. I'll do some research next week and see if I can sort it out better. R,

They're a bunch of bastards.

I made a withdrawl from my account over a month ago and it never actually went to my bank account.

They never answer emails and when I try to call them I get a "your call will be answered in the order it was received" message, and then it hangs up on me.

:angry2:

I just got a small order paid via Gpal today. The customer must have seen how to do it before I removed the Gpal info from my store's payment options page. So I'll be watching to see if the funds actually make to me. Then if I get it I'll cancel my account on Gpal.

be

It does sound like people are eventually getting paid when I read the thread on the other forum. Anybody confirm that? R,

Where have you seen that? I've seen just one post on calguns that someone got his money in the month of September.