Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

getting old

benny hill

6 weeks ago woke up with a pinched nerve in my back. Everytime I put my head up, my left arm goes numb. Been to doctor & coropractor. Bit into a sandwich at a shop yesterday & broke my right lower last tooth into 2 pieces, left knee is bone on bone & hurting. Now lets go to the 3-gun nat's in about 9 days and try to make a showing.

I'm not headed to nationals on any level, and am a few years younger than you but I feel for you. I've had three vertabrae in the neck fused, the lowest three disc in my back were removed, six (yes 6) times my left knee's been 'scoped and I just finished paying for a bridge to fill the gap where my top four front teeth used to be. I used to think I was an athlete and totally abused my body when I was younger and not so young. Then at the age of 58 I was introduced to USPSA shooting. i cna only dream what it would have been like with a reasonably intact body. like I said I feel for you.

I think Ted Williams said, "If I knew I was going to live this long, I'd taken better care of myself". I've been struggling with advanced degenerative disc disease in my lumbar, Achilles tendonosis in the right, already had ruptured and repaired the left one. Got a rotator cuff and labrum tear in my left shoulder that I ignore. Urgent care has suggested I take up PlayStation!

I think he really just did not want to shoot "his" stage that he laid out yesterday for our 3 Gun match. The name "Nightmare from Hell with a Rifle" pretty much tells the story of why he "really" stayed home today.... wink.gif

Edited by Merlin Orr

Doc hasnt loaded you up on a painkiller yet? Gotta break the pain cycle so the tissues around the area get to relax and heal.

I just spent since Tuesday off from work because I strained/pulled/screwed up something in my lower back. No relief until Saturday morning when I took some of my super high horsepower migraine prescription. knocks me out. but, finally loosened up my back, next chiro visit did a ton of good and I'll be back to work Monday morning.

Take care of yourself this week my friend, a lot of us are reeeaaallly pulling for you in Vegas, both matches. Make us south Texans proud.

these threads are good to read because it encourages younger people to practice good lifestyle habits and / or not get into some career where you are not damaging your joints and bodyparts from repetitive tasks

Edited by Field

these threads are good to read because it encourages younger people to practice good lifestyle habits and / or not get into some career where you are not damaging your joints and bodyparts from repetitive tasks

I agree! Good luck in Vegas, Benny!!!

I use so much advil...I should be on the companys board of directiors :roflol:

I knew a physical therepist that could fix that kind of stuff like magic...you might seek one of those

Hot towels and a machine she called a sucker fish machine :blink: ..I swear it was heaven, walk in bent over and croaking :(

Walk out feeling just flat wonderful :bow:

My best to you my friend...get well!

See ya soon

Jim

I think he really just did not want to shoot "his" stage that he laid out yesterday for our 3 Gun match. The name "Nightmare from Hell with a Rifle" pretty much tells the story of why he "really" stayed home today....

HaHaHa!! Leave it to your buddies to front you out!

Seriously, sorry you're feeling bad Hun. I've got an awesome guy here (Registered Massage Therapist, Registered Physical Therapist and, an Active Release Therapist) partners with a chiropractor... but it's just that... HERE! 7 or so hours away.

Take it easy, rest up as much as you can then go kick a few butts and take a few names!

See you soon,

Sherry