Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun 2011

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honors class question:

if shooter #1 is standing 49 feet from X and fires a 165g .40S&W at 1040fps and shooter #2 is standing 58 feet from X and fires a 230g .45 at 890fps, at what point will the bullets meet?

And do not make this part of a stage for next year dammit!

Honors class question:

if shooter #1 is standing 49 feet from X and fires a 165g .40S&W at 1040fps and shooter #2 is standing 58 feet from X and fires a 230g .45 at 890fps, at what point will the bullets meet?

Assuming they are following range safety and not shooting TOWARD each other they should never meet :goof: unless a 230g .45 round at 890 is sleek enough to avoid air resistance much better than the .40 round which isn't the case hehe

Honors class question:

Assuming they are following range safety and not shooting TOWARD each other they should never meet :goof: unless a 230g .45 round at 890 is sleek enough to avoid air resistance much better than the .40 round which isn't the case hehe

Maybe they "bend" the bullet! Movies are real, aren't they?

Next year...you can't get retrieve your guns until you answer a math question...what an amazing idea! :devil:

• 3 months later...

Wow! Less than an hour! :cheers:

You're good!

There are two apps on line! One for people who have shot 2 out of the last 4 years, and the other for 1 or less yesrs.

You can send all of them in now, but the people who haven't shot 2 out of the last 4, won't know until after Feb 1.

We're hoping for less sad folks this year!

So don't wait too long!

And 1chota...if you can get your app in this fast, a free t-shirt for you! :rolleyes:

Well like I said, I did not miss Steel Challenge for10 years, but miss it this year for my first Rocky Mountain. I will not miss Rocky Mountain again.

1st time gimp application will go in the mail for 2011.

Jamie

Wait list , :unsure: I feel like a step brother

Edited by AlamoShooter

Denise,

Will the newbie shooters be slotted in the match according to when their entry arrives? In other words, should I spring for next-day mail or send it regular mail? Always wanted to shoot this match and hoping this is the year it all comes together. App and check going out tomorrow!

ETA: Anyone else notice how several of the "can't miss" 3-Gun matches all published their entries over the past couple weeks - right before Christmas? Damn, like I'm not broke enough already! :ph34r:

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

Denise,

Will the newbie shooters be slotted in the match according to when their entry arrives? In other words, should I spring for next-day mail or send it regular mail? Always wanted to shoot this match and hoping this is the year it all comes together. App and check going out tomorrow!

ETA: Anyone else notice how several of the "can't miss" 3-Gun matches all published their entries over the past couple weeks - right before Christmas? Damn, like I'm not broke enough already! :ph34r:

+1 on the Christmas Crunch!! At least Luke is a Jr.

Please just send it regular mail!

Prize distribution will be the same as last year: by percent of finish in your division. (It's our little effort to enlarge other divisions.) :devil: It's also my understanding, and I may be all wet, usually am, that 3GN standings will be "points is points" and not only in a certain division, so there might be some people in the other divisions anyway is hopes of gaining more points.

Sorry about the Christmas crunch. Wanted to post them at a similar time to last year and then try the tiered system. Won't cash checks until you get in...

Also, Jim - Luke only shot once, but for all my repeating shooters, you may send your immediate family's application with yours for the first round. That's wife, husband, children...not 7th cousin 3rd time removed or "he's like a brother to me!" <_<

Merry Christmas to ALL!

Edited by Benelli Chick

Prize distribution will be the same as last year: by percent of finish in your division. (It's our little effort to enlarge other divisions.) :devil: It's also my understanding, and I may be all wet, usually am, that 3GN standings will be "points is points" and not only in a certain division, so there might be some people in the other divisions anyway is hopes of gaining more points.

Sorry about the Christmas crunch. Wanted to post them at a similar time to last year and then try the tiered system. Won't cash checks until you get in...

Also, Jim - Luke only shot once, but for all my repeating shooters, you may send your immediate family's application with yours for the first round. That's wife, husband, children...not 7th cousin 3rd time removed or "he's like a brother to me!" <_<

Merry Christmas to ALL!

Thanks for the mailing info. Brother Jim - looks like I need to send in my app with your packet :roflol:

Very disappointed to hear the prize distro system will remain the same. Wasn't there last year, but have heard WIDESPREAD discontent and grumbling from those who did shoot Tactical. By all accounts, the "Daniel Factor" pushed many a good Tactical shooter way down the prize table pecking order. Guess I'm just not a fan of "social engineering" to increase participation in other divisions. I hope my candor doesn't affect my chances of making the cut for the match. :cheers:

Merry Christmas to ALL!

Thanks for the mailing info. Brother Jim - looks like I need to send in my app with your packet :roflol:

Very disappointed to hear the prize distro system will remain the same. Wasn't there last year, but have heard WIDESPREAD discontent and grumbling from those who did shoot Tactical. By all accounts, the "Daniel Factor" pushed many a good Tactical shooter way down the prize table pecking order. Guess I'm just not a fan of "social engineering" to increase participation in other divisions. I hope my candor doesn't affect my chances of making the cut for the match. :cheers:

Doug,, brother,, Pappa was a rolling stone. :goof:

Thanks! Denise will do.