Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot

Phil Dunlop

Its only 9 months until the World Shoot in South Africa.

Like other regions we in New Zealand have been shooting a series of selection matches to determine the teams to represent us.

We are only selecting Open and Standard teams, best 4 out of 5 National and Island matches to count.

Participation has required some to spend over $1500 on airfares alone, self funded, yet we still don't know how many slots are available to us, and whether we will send both teams.

Slots are allocated on the basis of a regions membership, so regardless of how good a shooter you may be, if your region doesn't have the numbers you may not get to go! (Some may note that votes at General Assy. are allocated on a different basis!)

This results in many of the available slots going to recreational shooters from the larger regions while some national teams miss out.

I don't think this is the right way to organise the sports greatest tournament, instead 8 slots should be offered to each region first and the balance apportioned on the basis of regional membership.

P.D.

Pat,

we got 8 slots for Cebu.

At our Nationals there was 1 revolver shooter and about 8 Production, all the latter were novices.We have no Modified shooters.

It would be great to support those divisions but for smaller regions they are a divisive nightmare.

As for WS if all the 60+regions sent teams for all divisions there would be 1200+ competitors!

• 3 weeks later...

Some countries send a huge delegation.

I remember seeing German and italian national teams at the European Champs in :

Open( seniors, juniors and ladies ).

Standard.

Revolver.

Production.

Modified.

In France, Standard is only recognized since three or four years, Production has never been recognized, revolver start to devellop, modified shows very small interest . . .

We just have two separate final rounds (open/modified and Revolver/standard) for two years now.

That's not what I'd call division devellopment.

DVC

Julien :-)  

IPSC has too many divisions. Suport for the new divisions is non existant here, while last years US Nationals shows a similar situation over there.

There were 254 limited shooters, 20 limited 10, including some Canadians that had had no choice, 13 Production and 2 Revolver.

I know things will be different this year but I bet the downloaded widebody will become a major issue.

P.D.

• 6 months later...

hi,

Would anyone coming to the world shoot consider bringing some items for me???i

Nothing that would break the FAA laws, perhaps some vidoe tapes and ofcourse Brians book.

Thank You

• 5 weeks later...

unfortunately I have not been able to get any results on the ammo. Maybe I have not done enough research. Anyways I am looking for Brians book, slide glide and well that combo. I think it is $27.91 Will some one please bring that for me and I will pay cash for it once on the range.

The slide glide should be #1.

Thanx to who ever replies.

Mo Zee

Mo, couldn't you just order it on BE's online store?

Detlef, you're going? Cool!!

What's the deal.  Can you (are you) going to shoot?

Who usually shoots the "world shoot", anybody who can get there?  Are there slots?

TDean,

Slots for the World Shoot are allocated on a "pro-rata" basis to member regions according to their average membership reported over the previous 3 year period.

Once a region is advised of their slot allocation, they then allocate them to their domestic membership.

As a US based competitor, you need to contact the USPSA in order to obtain a slot.

Tom,

yes, I'm going. Mike Voigt called me a few months ago (I guess he goes down some list), USPSA has about 50 slots to distribute. By shooter capability, you should go instead of me, by gun reliability I should go (just kidding, not trying to rub it in.... :) ).

--Detlef