Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Member sends greetings from Deepest, Darkest West Texas

David Kachel

Welcome to the forum. You are a bit off the beaten path but IH 10. When you decide to take a few days and see civilization come down to San Antonio and have a shooting weekend, just check http://www.sashooter.com for the schedule. Don't freak when you see 70 or more shooters at the match. Alpine is growing I heard it was up to over 6000 so it may be getting too crowded. The sky at night up your way is amazing, you can really see the stars, it reminds me of how it looked 50 years ago, when things were not so lit up, and there was no such thing as fast food, internet, cell, phones, and color TV, the good old days when gas was 0.29 and a coke was .05 and a six pack of beer was .89. :cheers:

Spent a lot of time up in the Muleshoe area, some of the best people in the world up there. My good friend used to shake his head and say he could not figure why I would drive out of Ft. Worth on Friday afternoon to get up there for the weekend. The pheasants and Ross's geese in the cooler answered that!