Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New midwest blood.

slippp

Hey guys. My name is Jeremy, but some of my friends call me slip. Actually only like 2 of them do, but that's beside the point :P I'm from IL and will be planning on attending as many matches as my budget allows :)

I'm totally new to the shooting scene, let alone match shooting. I've been shooting for roughly 8 months now, and have just bought my first two handguns. I own an STI Trojan in .40 s&w and a Glock 17 in 9mm. This sunday is my first club match, and I'm really excited. I am planning on shooting in single stack competitions.

For the Trojan, I'm using Tripp Research magazines (haven't technically "used" them yet :P still brand new!). I have a CR Speed Hi Torque belt on the way, but it won't be here for the match. I also have the Ice DOH holster and Blade Tech mag pouches for the 1911 :)

As for the Glock, I just have 3 Glock magazines and 3 aftermarket magazines. I'm not sure if I want to shoot production with the Glock yet because, well, I haven't even done a match! Can anyone recommend some mag pouches and a holster for the Glock that's production legal?

Anyway, I think that's a decent first introduction! Hope to meet some of you guys at the events!

Edited by slippp

Welcome. There are tons of info and tips and helpful people in this forum. Read, understand and dont be shy to ask questions. First thing to put in mind/awareness AND SHOULD STAY THERE FOREVER IS safety of you and the people around you. Have fun.

Welcome Slip,

I'm new to the sport myself, I just started in May. It's a great sport and this forum is full of good info.

Good luck on your first match,

foilhat

Thank you :)

Welcome. There are tons of info and tips and helpful people in this forum. Read, understand and dont be shy to ask questions. First thing to put in mind/awareness AND SHOULD STAY THERE FOREVER IS safety of you and the people around you. Have fun.

I've been reading a lot! lol. I've spent a lot of time these past few days reading :D

Where in IL you at?? Lots of good matches available in around mid part of the state, hope to see you there

Thanks! I'm in the Vernon Hills area. It's relatively far from most of the matches :(

Welcome to the forums!

Hay Sip, welcome to the forums! Good luck on your match, do you reload for your weapons? Again, welcome...

Thanks! I don't reload yet, but a good friend of mine will be teaching me soon :)

Thanks for the warm welcomes guys!

No prob! Well its a great addiction, and you will love it when you do start reloading! I just moved to Indiana from South Chicago, I haven't joined a club yet in the process of buying a house so I hope to see you on the range!

No prob! Well its a great addiction, and you will love it when you do start reloading! I just moved to Indiana from South Chicago, I haven't joined a club yet in the process of buying a house so I hope to see you on the range!

Nice! Congrats on being a future homeowner :)

Oh, I just found out that the match that was supposed to be this sunday is getting rescheduled for NEXT sunday.... :(

I mean, at least I'll have all my equipment by then :P

Nice! Congrats on being a future homeowner :)

Oh, I just found out that the match that was supposed to be this sunday is getting rescheduled for NEXT sunday.... :(

I mean, at least I'll have all my equipment by then :P

Thanks Sip! Hay good luck and have fun with your new gadget! What kinda belt & holster and from where did you order it? Let us know how you do?