Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pinkeye!

Canuck223

So last Friday I tossed back a Claritin and headed over to an old friends elderly cat owning parents. I'm helping him clean out his gun collection, and needed to package two rifles and get them in the mail.

As predicted, late Satuday evening I started to have a mild reaction to the cat dander I'd been exposed to the day before. The Claritin was wearing off, but as I'd showered twice and changed clothes, I figured it was just a minor inconvienience.

Sunday morning, I had to wake the kids early and pick up my wife from her overnight shift. We were taking the kids up for a week at my parents cottage, but I was returning the next day.

I woke up that morning with a right eye full of goo. Still figuring it's allergic reaction,I popped a Claritin and washed it out really well before hitting the shower. Through the day,it just continued to sting.

Needless to say, I hit the clinic when I got home. It's now 5 days later, and the right eye is barely better. Unfortunately, it seems I wasn't as careful as I thought, and the left is also infected. Taking time off work wasn't an option. Fortunately I could limit my interaction with most people, as I currently scare little children, and make wannabe Zombie Hunters anxious.

Yay me.

I feel for you.

I've had pink eye more times that I care to admit, it's never fun...however, a warm wet washcloth does wonders for busting the eye boogers apart first thing in the AM.

Did you get any antibiotic drops?

I feel for you.

I've had pink eye more times that I care to admit, it's never fun...however, a warm wet washcloth does wonders for busting the eye boogers apart first thing in the AM.

Did you get any antibiotic drops?

Fire hose and a garden rake does wonders on the eye boogers too! :roflol:

Pat

I got Garamycin drops, but question how effective they are. From what I've read, there are three possible causes. Allergin, bacteria, and virus. The Garamycin only works for the bacterial. Regardless of treatment, the time to recovery doesn't drop.

So last Friday I tossed back a Claritin and headed over to an old friends elderly cat owning parents. I'm helping him clean out his gun collection, and needed to package two rifles and get them in the mail.

As predicted, late Satuday evening I started to have a mild reaction to the cat dander I'd been exposed to the day before. The Claritin was wearing off, but as I'd showered twice and changed clothes, I figured it was just a minor inconvienience.

Sunday morning, I had to wake the kids early and pick up my wife from her overnight shift. We were taking the kids up for a week at my parents cottage, but I was returning the next day.

I woke up that morning with a right eye full of goo. Still figuring it's allergic reaction,I popped a Claritin and washed it out really well before hitting the shower. Through the day,it just continued to sting.

Needless to say, I hit the clinic when I got home. It's now 5 days later, and the right eye is barely better. Unfortunately, it seems I wasn't as careful as I thought, and the left is also infected. Taking time off work wasn't an option. Fortunately I could limit my interaction with most people, as I currently scare little children, and make wannabe Zombie Hunters anxious.

Yay me.

That's scary.

if nothing work you can try a tea bag humected with warm water.

just boil some water like you would for your typical tea cup,wait for the perfect water temp seeking a skin application,pull out the bag and stamp it in your eye mid closed/open for 5 minutes.

it worked for me,as welder the occasionnal flash happened couple times and the tea bag trick helped to get rid of the pain induced by the flash and reducing the swelling too.

the good thing in there is you can sipp a cup of tea and relax during the treatment.