Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

trigger pull weight

maxposner

I have my old Gold Team .45 that I use for various shoots at my club. This summer has been tough to get out and shoot, but at the last shoot I thought I was tuned up and ready, and that was as good as I got, I really am thinking of taking up fishing! Anyway, I haven't checked zero, but I did zero before the shoot, but yesterday I checked the trigger pull and found it to be four and a half pounds. That seems high to me cause I was always a hair trigger kind of guy, what are you guys running? Another question, does anyone have keeping zero issues with the Barry mount and a Cmore sight?

Thats what I thought, I did finally check the pull weight on my old Colt and it was 2 pounds. So, I guess it's time to take it apart and either clean out some rock in there, or maybe a burr, but where would that come from? Oh well, always something.

I've ran about 2lb triggers on my guns for a very long time. With the EGW hammer/sear, my trigger pins, flat trigger, Huening roller head etc you could get the weight really close to 1.0 lb if you wanted to. That's a little light for me. Currently I like it just under 2.0 lbs and crisp.

Does anyone know how to lighten up the trigger pull on the gold team, I cleaned it and lubed it,no difference. So how is it done, lighter hammer spring, lighter trigger spring, or is Hennings trigger the answer. I would like to end up with 1.5 to 2 pounds.

Does anyone know how to lighten up the trigger pull on the gold team, I cleaned it and lubed it,no difference. So how is it done, lighter hammer spring, lighter trigger spring, or is Hennings trigger the answer. I would like to end up with 1.5 to 2 pounds.

All of the above help to some degree. Polishing parts helps too. An EGW hammer and sear is the biggest help though. To get below 2 to 2 1/2 lbs you'll probably have to send it off for a trigger job too.

I am one of those do it yourself kind of guys, I fix it till it's broke. the contact points seem smooth enough, but the hammer was changed years ago by EAA, and I have replaced the trigger spring, I am trying to find out what is ain volved in the actual trigger job so I can really screw it up. That will teach me a valuable lesson, that although I can get 2 lbs out of a 1911 and smooth out an old Smith like glass, I just don't speak Italian. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all

I am one of those do it yourself kind of guys, I fix it till it's broke. the contact points seem smooth enough, but the hammer was changed years ago by EAA, and I have replaced the trigger spring, I am trying to find out what is ain volved in the actual trigger job so I can really screw it up. That will teach me a valuable lesson, that although I can get 2 lbs out of a 1911 and smooth out an old Smith like glass, I just don't speak Italian. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all

In that case I'd get an EGW hammer, sear, 13lb spring, and light firing pin from Henning and go to town. I did mine myself and you probably can too. Henning's pins and flat trigger are optional. The trigger is more for smaller hands and better adjustability and feel, although it does have a lighter return spring.