Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New rulebook effective 8/11/10

gemcityshooter

Now that the new book is officially posted, anyone get a heads-up on the signifigant differences?

Someday you will look back on that question and wonder what the heck you were thinking.:roflol:

Here is the list that I was able to come up with.

NROI Rulings Included in the latest Rule Book

Rule -Title

9.8.2 -Posting of scores for one hour after match is over

Appendix D4 -Plastic Plug for Glock's in Production division

Appendix E1 -Official magazine measuring device

Appx A1 2 -Foriegn Competitors

Appx D2 Spec -STI TRUSight

Appx D4 21 -Exchanging guide rods in Production Guns

Appx D4 Spec -Vanek Trigger in Production

Appendix D2 -Limited / Limited 10 equipment

Appx D2 8 -Are magazines considered components under the division requirements

Appx D2 Spec -Raised rib barrel legality

Appx D4 13 -Notch and Post type sights for Production

Appx D4 21 -Aftermarket Slides for Glock's

Appx D4 21 -Replacement barrels

Appx D4 21 -Cosmetic Finishes in Production division

Appx D4 Spec -Decockers at half cock

Appx D4 Spec -Aftermarket magazines in Production Division

Appendix D4 item -Replacement parts for Production division

9.1.5/9.5.2 -Scoring targets with hard cover or noshoots overlaping (attached)

10.5.16 -Drawing a handgun while facing uprange

5.2.1 -Removing holster and/or holster from person while handgun still in the holster.

10.5.14 -Dropped gun

9.1.4 -Untaped Target

8.1.2.4 -Springer Precision Triggers for XD & XDm

10.2.2 -Double Jeopardy

Rule Changes -

-

1.2.2.3 -Speed Shoot

4.3.1.5 -Scofing metal targets

5.2.4 -

7.1.9 -Director NROI

9.1.3 -Prematurely Patched Targets

9.2.3.2 -

9.9.1 -

Appendix A3 -Facing Uprange

Appendix D4 -Special Conditions

Appendix D5 -Item 21

Appendix C1 -Item 7

11.1.2 -Access

11.1.6 -Preparing the appeal

11.1.9 -Arbitration Committee's Duty

11.6.1 -Committee Decision

NROI rulings

10.5.5.1 8/17/2010 8/17/2010 Pistol Sweeping

Edited by Alan Meek

Alan,

IF the match was approved under the old rules you can run it under the old rules. At least that's what John told Indy this year. I'd email John for confirmation on it. I'd then print it out and put it in your book.

JT

Edited by JThompson

Alan,

I'm comparing your list of changes with the new rule book and I'm not finding some of the stuff on your list. For example, you list one change as being "Appx D4 21 -Exchanging guide rods in Production Guns". The latest rules (http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2010HandgunRulesProof3web.pdf) has Appx D4 21 as this:

Authorized modifications(Strictly limited to these items and their stated guidelines:

Please note that, during a match, a shooter may be required to demonstrate that their gun is in compliance with Division rules by identifying a specific rules clause or published interpretation which authorizes any disputed modification. If the shooter cannotidentify an authorizing rules-clause or published interpretation, the RM shall rule that the modificationis PROHIBITED for Production use and shall movethe shooter to Open Division.

Am I looking at the correct set of rules?

D

Ah, Disregard...I found it in 21.5

Alan,

I'm comparing your list of changes with the new rule book and I'm not finding some of the stuff on your list. For example, you list one change as being "Appx D4 21 -Exchanging guide rods in Production Guns". The latest rules (http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2010HandgunRulesProof3web.pdf) has Appx D4 21 as this:

Authorized modifications(Strictly limited to these items and their stated guidelines:

Please note that, during a match, a shooter may be required to demonstrate that their gun is in compliance with Division rules by identifying a specific rules clause or published interpretation which authorizes any disputed modification. If the shooter cannotidentify an authorizing rules-clause or published interpretation, the RM shall rule that the modificationis PROHIBITED for Production use and shall movethe shooter to Open Division.

Am I looking at the correct set of rules?

D

Thanks for the list Alan. Your list is confusing me more though.

On your list you have 9.8.2, and I'm looking at both old and new .PDF's and 9.8.2 look exactly the same. Additionally, it is 9.8.3 that stipulates the 1 hour limit, not 9.8.2.

On your list you have D4 - Plastic plugs for Glock's in Production division, and I'm not seeing anything that says anything about "plastic plugs". I did find the clarification 22.3 about plugs that change alter the grip profile or that extend past the bottom of the grip being prohibited.

On your list you have E1 - Official Magazine Measuring Device, but I'm not seeing anything new in E1 between the old and new .PDFs. In fact, this looks like a major omission in the updated rule book since the NROI ruling in http://www.uspsa.org/rules/nroi_rulings.php?action=edit&indx=33 seems to be not have been added.

Before I go too far, am I looking at the correct new PDF? I downloaded it from http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2010HandgunRulesProof3web.pdf about a week ago, and I'm comparing it against the Indexed PDF that used to be on the USPSA website. I've re-downloaded the new PDF, but I'm still seeing the same thing.

Help?

On your list you have 9.8.2, and I'm looking at both old and new .PDF's and 9.8.2 look exactly the same. Additionally, it is 9.8.3 that stipulates the 1 hour limit, not 9.8.2.

On your list you have D4 - Plastic plugs for Glock's in Production division, and I'm not seeing anything that says anything about "plastic plugs". I did find the clarification 22.3 about plugs that change alter the grip profile or that extend past the bottom of the grip being prohibited.

On your list you have E1 - Official Magazine Measuring Device, but I'm not seeing anything new in E1 between the old and new .PDFs. In fact, this looks like a major omission in the updated rule book since the NROI ruling in http://www.uspsa.org...on=edit&indx=33 seems to be not have been added.

Before I go too far, am I looking at the correct new PDF? I downloaded it from http://www.uspsa.org...esProof3web.pdf about a week ago, and I'm comparing it against the Indexed PDF that used to be on the USPSA website. I've re-downloaded the new PDF, but I'm still seeing the same thing.

Help?

The latest rulebook is supposed to implement all NROI Rulings and the Rules Changes. I will look at it later tonight.

Alan

I also couldn't find the E1 - Official Magazine Measuring Device change. It appears Alan is listing stuff that SHOULD have been included but may not have been??

D

On your list you have E1 - Official Magazine Measuring Device, but I'm not seeing anything new in E1 between the old and new .PDFs. In fact, this looks like a major omission in the updated rule book since the NROI ruling in http://www.uspsa.org/rules/nroi_rulings.php?action=edit&indx=33 seems to be not have been added.

Before I go too far, am I looking at the correct new PDF? I downloaded it from http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2010HandgunRulesProof3web.pdf about a week ago, and I'm comparing it against the Indexed PDF that used to be on the USPSA website. I've re-downloaded the new PDF, but I'm still seeing the same thing.

Help?

I don't see anything about vanek triggers in D4.

"21.5 Exchange of minor INTERNAL components (strikers, sears, springs, connectors/disconnectors, and other wholly-internal parts)" pretty much covers the Vanek "classic" type trigger and any other similar setup without any external mods because it specifically authorizes all the parts involved. A previous NROI ruling on the Vanek excluded the Vanek but was speaking specifically about the original Vanek which relocated the trigger pin hole.

Curtis

Edited: 'cause I hate tipos typos!

Edited by BayouSlide

• 3 months later...