Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The "Hospital" has decided it does not want anything to do with shooting matches, and handguns especially.

All current threads about the Memphis Charity Challenge will be deleted completely in the near future, and I'll start a new one with updated information.

Aside from where or who we're going to send the monies raised everything else is, and will be business as ususall. We're (MCC organizers) are looking into a new Charity.

This is a notice, and will start the ball rolling on the rest of the story.

Hopalong

Send the money to the Boy Scouts of America local council to be used only for their shooting sports program. or the shooting program at the council summer camps. They will accept the money.

If I were you I would ask for the money back that you sent them last year if that is the way they "really" feel.

Edited by ffl

I was shocked yesterday when I got the call from St.Jude, explaining that their CEO and Legal Dept did not want to be associated with an event that used handguns. It is sad that a corporation’s management team puts their own views of what’s acceptable over the desire to raise funds to help the children. Sam and I are working with a few other worthy charities that will accept the funds generated by this event.

Rest assured that this years MCC will be as great an event as last year, after all Hopalong is in charge.

Stay tuned for more information.

While I am saddened by the turn of events, I still feel good about the money raised going to a worthwhile charity. The match is to raise funds for charity, and it will do that.

Just my .02, but I like the idea of the money going to a charity related to something other than shooting sports. I think that it shows the concern that our community has for the welfare of the agencies that help the general public. I think that the cause that the funds went to last year was a great one, and would hope that a similar one can be found this year.

I was shocked yesterday when I got the call from St.Jude, explaining that their CEO and Legal Dept did not want to be associated with an event that used handguns.

Please PM me with contact information of the person who called, or email me at carmoney4@aol.com. I would like to personally follow up with the CEO and/or general counsel about this.

Hey Mike, and anyone else.

It is what it is, IF they don't want our donations we will take it elsewhere. They asked us to remove thier name from anything to do with the 2010 MCC. I will oblige them as a matter of courtesy.

Thanks all, and let's make the 2010 MCC even better so if they get courious they can look and see how much they would have gotten this time around. ;)

Hopalong

I know there was an issue with this hospital for Mr. Heinie and his gun build. He got an apology for this mistake and was told that he could not use the St Jude logo, but was welcome to use the name and to donate the money. Perhaps this same policy wonk got involved again. I would do a follow up on it and make sure this person is not overstepping as was the case before.

JT

The "Hospital" has decided it does not want anything to do with shooting matches, and handguns especially.

All current threads about the Memphis Charity Challenge will be deleted completely in the near future, and I'll start a new one with updated information.

Aside from where or who we're going to send the monies raised everything else is, and will be business as ususall. We're (MCC organizers) are looking into a new Charity.

Hopalong

For the record, my sister runs the Wings Cancer Foundation in Memphis, and they would be more than happy to benefit from a shooting match fund raiser. In point of fact they are soliciting a gun to be auctioned off at their September "Bet Against Breast Cancer" event. I'd be happy to provide contact information or make the necessary introductions.

BB

I know there was an issue with this hospital for Mr. Heinie and his gun build. He got an apology for this mistake and was told that he could not use the St Jude logo, but was welcome to use the name and to donate the money. Perhaps this same policy wonk got involved again. I would do a follow up on it and make sure this person is not overstepping as was the case before.

JT

The person that called me, said that this came from the CEO and Legal Dept. Enough said, we'll move.

BG

Hopalong

For the record, my sister runs the Wings Cancer Foundation in Memphis, and they would be more than happy to benefit from a shooting match fund raiser. In point of fact they are soliciting a gun to be auctioned off at their September "Bet Against Breast Cancer" event. I'd be happy to provide contact information or make the necessary introductions.

BB

Today I've been working with a few charitable groups and should be able to announce the new charity soon.

Just don't forget the future leaders of our country. The Boy Scouts. I spent 10 days at the National Jamboree several weeks ago and we had 4400 boys get an introduction to sporting clays. Some waited more than 2-1/2 hours to shoot the 10 clays and then got right back in line.

My son (LittleFFL and an Eagle Scout) and I had the best time ever and I consider it an honor to be in the presence of so many fine young men.

Some of the military that helped us at Ft. AP Hill were Eagle Scouts as well and were able to wear a Eagle Scout Badge on their uniform. It was very cool.

Edited by ffl

As an Eagle myself, I would heartily agree with ffl's suggestion. Scouting has been under tremendous political and social pressure in recent years--if ever there was a worthy organization that could use the help, it's BSA.

Great News

The 2010 “Memphis Charity Challenge” will benefit the LeBonher Children’s’ Hospital. All proceeds from the match will go directly to LeBonheur. (After match Production costs).

Manny thanks to all the folks who went above and beyond to pull in a new charity for this match in such a short time.

Now let's go on and make this match even bigger this year.

This REALLY pisses me off...We have given a fair amount to St. Jude's over the years thru the Federal Employee's "CFC" Program...No more!!! If Hop, Carmoney or Stage 3 could post or "PM" me the name of the person the commo came from @ St. Jude's, I would be grateful...and will be sending them a "Personal Communication" of my own...TIA....mikey357