Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Counter rotating no shoots on TX star

It has been a while since I have had it out but we used it yesterday so I snapped a few photos of it as we were putting it up. It’s pretty simple but if you have any questions let me know.

The star was built very close to the original design then two additional pillow block bearings as well as two spur gears were added.funstar3.jpg

I put a cover over the gear portion not only so nothing could jam up the rotation of the machine but to save any fingers that might find their way into them while moving it around.funstar2.jpg

funstar1.jpg

As much as we don’t intend to, people still miss the plates on a TX star from time to time so I used a double split set collar to clamp the paper target portion to the shaft. One Allen wrench will remove it for repair.

funstar.jpg

th_funstar.jpg

What does that thing weigh and how many men does it take to move it or put it together?

I have been told I need to build targets out of aluminum, but bullet proof aluminum is not something I come across often. I try to build things out of what I have on hand. It is not very portable but a guy or gal that is willing to help out has no problem moving it around with a dolly.

Yeah, if it doesn't weigh a ton, you ain't building it right! How did your long range rifle auto reset targets come out?

They are a bit on the heavy side also but the batteries seem to last forever, I haven’t had to charge them in 4 months.

• 2 months later...
You are one sick individual....

JT

Thats nothing, I forgot about this stage we setup with one star strong hand, one with counter rotating noshoots freestyle and another weak hand. It lets you pratice your weak hand, strong side reloads...if you miss too much.

Click the photo for the video

th_augg144.jpg

Edited by jmorris

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It has been a while since I have had it out but we used it yesterday so I snapped a few photos of it as we were putting it up. It’s pretty simple but if you have any questions let me know.

The star was built very close to the original design then two additional pillow block bearings as well as two spur gears were added.funstar3.jpg

I put a cover over the gear portion not only so nothing could jam up the rotation of the machine but to save any fingers that might find their way into them while moving it around.funstar2.jpg

funstar1.jpg

As much as we don’t intend to, people still miss the plates on a TX star from time to time so I used a double split set collar to clamp the paper target portion to the shaft. One Allen wrench will remove it for repair.

funstar.jpg

th_funstar.jpg

Love it and want to shoot it. Would love to have a Texas Star only stage with a regular Texas Star, a couple like this one and that swinging Texas Star that was in another post. That would be so much fun to shoot.

• 4 weeks later...