Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tried the forced shooting on move stage.

jmorris

From the “how fast to shoot on the move” thread we set up a forced movement stage yesterday. Everyone said they had fun but I have mixed feelings on the results. I think it might be difficult to get it slow enough to be fair for everyone but fast enough others are not waiting on it. So for now all I can say is that it was, as it was meant to be, a challenge.

A few videos are here it was stage two.

http://s664.photobucket.com/albums/vv5/qvideo/mvsa/aug15/

Before the IDPA purists strike me down, I know some of the stages are not IDPA legal and we were not using concealment. We picked a day no one would MD to run some fun stages and the heat index was 112.

Although my cell phone takes crummy videos it does seem to take Ok pictures. If you needed to make up shots on targets that you had to shoot on the move you did so from cover at the end of the bay. Here is what it looked like from there.

IMG00337.jpg

7 of 26 had an FTN on at least one of the 11 targets. The points down average was around 20 but it was a hard stage and there were 22 rounds required. It seemed the first “jump” of the target starting out is what made it difficult for most shooters.

Perhaps a good criteria for the speed and difficulty might be that a good Master can shoot it "clean" (a few points down) and a Marksman shooter can shoot around 35~45 % of the Master... that would be a test for all involved and kind of in keeping with the "ranking/rating system...?"

I had a look at stage 2.2 and cool I'd like to shoot that with my open gun. I could see where that stage could be a problem for Noobs, and if you threw in some non threats and some armor coat it could be a real challenge for even a BigDawg.

In the videos all of the "2's" are the same stage.

Stage2 is a MM shooter who generally is low points down at our matches because he takes his time but doesn't miss.

Stage2.1 is an EX shooter

Stage2.2 is a MA shooter and filmed from a different perspective.

The low time was 15.38 and the runner takes almost 15 to get to the barricade.

It would be a lot less challenging with an open pistol and no reloads.

Edited by jmorris