Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VA State & Regional AP Matches

Alan550

The Hillbilly Cup (Regional) Championship AP match and the Cardinal Cup (State) Championship matches will be held on Sept. 18-19, 2010 at Bedford, VA. These promise to be the largest AP matches in the country behind only the Bianchi Cup! The matches are limited to 65 guns (each shooter may shoot as many as 3) and entries from Canada and at least 7 states are anticipated or already received.

The range has recently been upgraded with turning targets so we can run 3 shooters at the same time on each of the Barricade and Practical events, and there is a 4-rail mover system for that event. We'll be shooting Open Centerfire & Rimfire, Metallic Sight Centerfire & Rimfire and Production Centerfire & Rimfire categories with awards for each.

Centerfire winners will receive a $200.00 credit towards entry to the Bianchi Cup and class wiinners (Marksman through High Master) will each receive a $100.00 credit towards entry to the Bianchi Cup. Rimfire winners will receive cash and plaques.

The prize table procedure will be in reverse order of overall finish, i.e. come in dead last and go to the table first.

Entries are limited to 65 guns because of the time factor on the Moving Target event.

Contact : Alan550 with a PM if you need entry forms or match program info.

Thanks!!

Alan~^~

Griz is right! The mover starts at 9:00, running steady at 7 1/2 minutes per shooter, the last shooter starts on the mover at 17:00. That's 8 per hour plus the last gun at 5:00 making 65. On Sunday, we're running the Mover Event (not modified) which is only 24 shots, so I'm setting the mover schedule in 5 minute increments so the last shooter starts at 13:20.

Alan~^~

Edited by Alan550

6 inches of rain in the last 24hrs, 9 inches the day before. My yard where we are having some building done is a tip.

Nationals this weekend in Whangarei (where we were knee deep in water 2 years ago) at the same time of the year. We must be nuts. More rain forecast for the weekend as well.

• 5 weeks later...

Results ? Wish I could have made it.. Ron said they didnt have enough room in the plane, something about weight.. I told him I didnt need to bring extra clothes or anything, but that might have been smelly on the trip home. :roflol:

Alan, thanks for hosting this awesome match. I believe that it was less than 8 months from the time Kevin approached you to host the match to the time the range was ready. That's amazing. Thanks to you and your crew of helpers and ROs for a great match.

Jon

Sorry you missed it Bruce. That rail mover is something else.

I felt guilty that the Bedford boys did all that work in a short amount of time. They were building a wall with railroad ties so I figured that I would help out. Smashed my trigger finger on the first one. It was difficult to get the finger in the trigger guard but I still managed to shoot a 20 in the regional. Goes to show you what concentration will do.

Yea, it's pretty damn sensitive. Still can't bend it very much.

I'm just glad I wasn't shooing a revolver. The barricade proved to be interesting though.

The Kansas City boys tell me that they are getting me a lanyard with a hammer on it so that I can adjust my feel of the trigger when needed.

Edited by Action Pistolero