Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Division Stats

Patrick Sweeney

I just got our 2001 activity stats, and had a bit of a shock.  I knew we were doing well in total, and had lots of iron-sight shooters, but the relative numbers were a bit surprising;

Limited         39.8%

Limited 10      32.4%

Open            16.2%

Production       8.6%

Revolver         2.8%

72% of our shooters were Lim/Lim10!  If you add in the Production and Revolver shooters, 83% of our entries were for iron-sight guns.

How do your clubs stats compare?  Two things I think boost our numbers here in Michigan:  We've always been a vigorous pin shootng area, thus lots of single stack .45's floating around.  And what with Detroit, lots of people carry.  Not many pack an Open gun, so everyone has at least one big-bore pistol with iron sights.

I did a little number crunching, and I was a little surprised too.  I didn't have all of last years stats available, but I did have from June 2001 - Feb. 2002.  Since our club hosted the Mississippi State match in October, I included those numbers both separate and combined together with the stats.

June01-Feb 02      State Match     Combined

Limited         64% (112)           53% (59)         60%

Limited 10    22% (39)               5% (5)           15%

Open            12% (21)             41% (45)         23%

Production      2% (4)                .5% (1)             2%

Revolver         0%  (0)               .5% (1)           <1%

Open has really seen a decline over the last year or so here, while L10 has done really well.  Production and Revolver have been statistically insignifcant.  I find it interesting that we had twice as many open shooters at our state match as shot over the period of June 2001-Feb. 2002!  Needless to say we have a lot of people come in from out of town (and out of state) for the state match.  

There's one revolver shooter in Idaho?  We have a few here in Michigan, and I have not given up hope of luring the swarm of ICORE shooters over to the dark side.  We had an ICORE match last year and had 50 wheelgunners show up.  So, what do I do to keep them coming in for IPSC, I wonder?

OOPS!!!  That should've read 8% Prod. & 4% Revo. There's more than one Revo guy in Idaho, they just don't show up very often. And if they do, it's generally in the eastern part of the state. They don't cotton to them new-fangled autos over there like we do in the west end of the state!

Out of 32 members at Ghost Town Shooters - Casper, Wyoming.   31 shoot iron's on the pistols.  The 1 guy who shoots the open gun also shoots limited, IDPA, and SASS too.   The SASS boys call him "cross-dresser" cause he shoots in so many different costumes.  Of course, they smile when they call him that.  

Looking over last year's stats:

Limited - 42.8%

Limited 10 - 27.9%

Open - 29.3%

I didn't keep track of Production & Revolver shooters. Except for a special classification match (which isn't in these stats), I think we only had 1 or 2 production shooters and no revolver shooters.

This year, we're starting up a 2nd monthly match strictly for Limited 10, Production & Revolvers.  I expect we'll have a number of production & revolvers at those matches.