Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM Sights

GlennRasch

My son shoots a 4.5 XDM in 9mm ... when we shoot Thursday night USPSA ( indoors ) he has a little trouble seeing the front sight. Who makes the best front & rear sight replaced??? B)

Edited by Lone Star Hydro

I have the Dawson Adjustable-rear and a regular black blade-front installed by Springer Precision on my XDm .40. You could opt for the fiber optic front instead of regular black front. Has he shot with fiber optic signts-maybe someone who has them can let him try them out?

I have the Dawson Adjustable-rear and a regular black blade-front installed by Springer Precision on my XDm .40. You could opt for the fiber optic front instead of regular black front. Has he shot with fiber optic signts-maybe someone who has them can let him try them out?

Your rear sight, does it go in the stock dove tail or did they cut the back for the slide......he has fiber optic on his s&w 625 45acp

They just make a lot of sights of that gun, just wanted to see what other people were running on there xdddd.

I bought the basic Tru-Glo fiber optic Red front and Green rear sights for ~50.00 and have been very happy with them. Since they are different colors my eyes automatically snap to the red front and focus on it when I take a sight picture. http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/25040/catid/28/Truglo__039_s_Springfield_XD_XDM

The other guys in my club call them my "landing lights" because when they are behind me they can see the different colors glowing. :D After seeing how easy they were to see a couple of other guys have since gotten a set as well and seem to like them. In my opinion, Bang for your buck the Tru-glo set is hard to beat.

I have had tru-glo's and they were very nice sights however I have since switched over to Dawson sights on my XD's. The .100 fiber front on all with a fixed black .125 rear on my XD9 tac and adjustable rears on my 40 & 45 XD tac's. I was very hesitant at first to go to a thinner front sight but after the first one I was hooked, my eyes are not what they used to be and the thin blazing red front sight is very fast for me to pick up and it "feels" like it is more precise with the thinner front blade. On the downside I did lose my nightsight/lowlight capibilites.

+1 on the Dawson Precision. I have the plain back adjustable rear with the thin red fiber front on my 4.5 XDM 40. I have been very pleased and it increased my confidence with tight shots. Not that my confidence was very high to begin with....... :blush: