Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

View New Content / Sphinx

benos

I read the previous posts about this-I am not sure I understand the need for Sphinx

The results for a Sphinx search (compared to a "Traditional" search) are hugely more accurate and hugely more comprehensive, for a database as large as ours. The bottom line - IP uses Sphinx for their forums. According to their techs it's the only way to go for a large board.

It seems to be working for everyone, except for those stuck with IE/7.

You didn't say if you did a log out? (That was the 'fix.')

And also, in My settings, what to you have:

Search Settings

View New Content Method

... set to?

be

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks.I logged out yesterday and VNC(which is set to View all new content since last visit) and it worked ok. First post today and it put it on page 2 again. Maybe I need to log out after each session. Thanks for the explanation-Im not disputing it-actually aware of the need for more comprehensive searching. Thanks again for all the work.

Thanks.I logged out yesterday and VNC(which is set to View all new content since last visit) and it worked ok. First post today and it put it on page 2 again. Maybe I need to log out after each session. Thanks for the explanation-Im not disputing it-actually aware of the need for more comprehensive searching. Thanks again for all the work.

Thanks - I apreciate that. And in the FYI department, VNC works fine for me every day after just the one log out.

be

Brian said it updates every 15 minutes, so if you catch it right it could take up to 15 minutes to show. Seems to be quicker though.

ETA: but this post just updated instantaneously like the old system used to.

Edited by Steve J