Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which nationals to shoot

j1b

Need some help guys (and gals)

I don't shoot much anymore but am thinking about hitting a national match this year. Either Lim-10 or the IDPA nationals.

Any thoughts on which would be better? The only shooting I do anymore is IDPA because that's all that is around here - but it sure would be nice to hit an IPSC match and get back to where I started.

Any thoughts?

JB

With the new factory gun Nationals, its gotta be awful temping to do that IPSC thing again

To be honest since I shoot the open Nats every year, the Limiteds really didn't do anything for me, it just the same race. But the factory gun Nats seems interesting

Pat

Quote: from j1b on 11:21 pm on Jan. 23, 2002

Need some help guys (and gals)

I don't shoot much anymore but am thinking about hitting a national match this year. Either Lim-10 or the IDPA nationals.   Any thoughts?

JB

One word comes to mind:  BOTH!

Thanks for the advice.

Still haven't decided. The only reason I posted in this forum was because I didn't know which forum would be better.

IDPA has been pretty good to me recently. I was struggling in IPSC the last year I shot it. BE was there at my last match where I handily got my ass handed to me.

Truth is I don't practice anymore - and that scares me quiet a bit.

I'll think about it and see. Any more advice is welcome. Unfortunatly both matches is not an option.

JB

Jack,

Do you care about how well you're gonna shoot? Do you just want to shoot a big match and have fun?  At which match are you likely to encounter more people you want to hang out with? What's your priority for this?  A return to Glory on the USPSA circuit?  Hanging out with fellow IDPA shooters?

Upon reflection, an answer will surely appear...... but will it be the right answer?

• 2 weeks later...

I'd think the IDPA Nats. We all love USPSA/IPSC or we wouldn't be posting on this site, but like you said, all you've shot lately is IDPA. This is a serious consideration. You're grooved-in on the IDPA rules, the sorts of courses, the whole vibe of the thing. Besides, assuming both you and Rob L. fire .45 single-stacks in CDP, wouldn't it be a blast to go head-to-head with TGO using that technology?

Thanks Guys for the advice. I should have advised the final decision.

Although I would love to get back into the swing of things - a Caribou hunt opened up in Alaska with my Dad and some old hunting partners. I haven't hunted w/ him for years and it'll be great to get back home.

Maybe next year I can hit a nationals - but to pass up an opportunity to go back home, hunt with my dad, and enjoy those things in life that don't have a true dollar value - I simply can't say no.

Once again - I really appreciate the advice. Please note the same question will probably pop up a year from now.

JB

• 2 weeks later...