Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC Rifle in Europe

Nicolas.

Does anyone know what rifles use IPSC shooters in Europe (no IPSC rifle in France) ?

I would like to know if Oberland is a good choice and if JP parts (hand guard, gas system, compensator, trigger...) will fit an Oberland ?

All help appreciated.

Hi,

Any AR-15 can be found in use here. Top shooters have all kinds of premium AR:s: Oberland, JP, Uronen Precision and so on. A lot of shooters buy a good base gun and modify it to their needs.

Whatever rifle you buy, the most important thing to do after is to tune/change the trigger group to a competition one. JP and Jard are the most common ones. After that a good comp and adjustable gas block would be next on my list.

isto

Do you know where I can buy a JP rifle in Europe ?

I like the OA10 and OA 15 with bull barrel but I am not sure I can install a JP adjustable gas block on those barrel with 1" diameter.

JP proposes hand guard for DPMS and for Bushmaster. What hand guard fit an Oberland ?

I think I won't have an issue to change the trigger group.

Forget the bull barrel AR15 and do not think about the OA10 .

The 308 will not bring you any advantage over a 223 in IPSC rifle

Iff you buy a OA15 try to find one with a .750 barrel ,but there are also plenty Sabre Defence rifles for sale in europe.

The OA15 with bull barrel is just way too heavy.

Iff everything comes in to place you can buy JP rifles somewhere around januari in the Netherlands from stock.

Also Bushmaster rifles (V-Mach 16 and 20 inch )

Where ?

In my new gun store :cheers:

Just one question , i know that IPSC France is not so crazy about anything longer than a handgun and they do not give permission for ipsc shooters to shoot matches in other countries with rifles . How are you goiing to shoot matches ?

Edited by patrickbeijer

• 3 weeks later...

Hannu, what CF FF Tube is that?

I'm not Hannu but friend of him.

That's Clark carbon fiber tube or Briley (I have both but do not remember which is which) :)

About our competition rifles.

Our family uses Armalite rifles (most of the are custom build though)

Barrels Armalite stainless or Lothar Walther stainless 14.5" to 18"

Triggers are JP's

Comps are Tank or Bennie Cooley or F2

Stocks are MagPul CTR or Ace ARFX

Free float tube is VTAC

Scopes Swarovski Z6i

Grips MIAD

You might have some issues buying an American-built AR from a dealer in another European country, due to the end-user certificate/DSP-83 needed to get en export permit out of the US. I know some friends back home in Sweden that recently ran into this when looking for ARs.

The easiest route is probably OA, or Sabre.

• 1 month later...

Hannu, what CF FF Tube is that?

That is Briley, w/ 8.5" PRI Picatinny-rail on the bottom.

I do not know if they make it anymore... The photo on Briley´s website looks exactly like Clark, which i do not recommend for active use.

STI, Bushmaster, S&W and DPMS AR-15 rifles have been readily available in Finland. Other thing is, demand is so high that at least my company has sometimes had difficulties to bring on as many rifles as we would be able to sell. So you may not be able to walk into the store and pick up your own match rifle. That is true in US too, if you want a decent quality rifle and not just a basic el cheapo one.

Other thing is, why would you want US rifle when you can get a better one made in Finland ;)

• 2 years later...

Hi guys i was reading this post and now i have the same problem i am looking to get a rifle for some ipsc shooting nothing professional , as you know US made rifle are very expensive here like JP rifles , i am looking for an Oberland Arms the M1 Bull barrel or the Schmeisser Ultra Match what are you thoughts on these rifles i read on this post that the Oberalnd Arms broke during a match any suggestion will be grateful

thank

fellas

The rifle referred to by Kelly Neal in Denmark sheared all the locking lugs off the barrel extension. I haven't heard of this recently, so Oberlin probably has that problem fixed by now.

I would prefer the Schmeisser, as it is more milspec which makes choosing the right comp much easier...and a lot of the Oberland Rifles have tight chambers...

nice for a precision Blot action rifle but not very nice during a match when you chamber heats up....

Which country are you from???

I use Schmeisser with russian-made chromed barrel (Vepr-15), with Jard trigger and Hogue FF forearm, runs fine.

Schmeissers IMO have very good quality. But trigger is to be replaced anyway, their stock trigger is too heavy.

I use a Saber Defense when I'm in Europe. They are no longer available. Had an Oberland, but it was not as accurate as the Saber. OA also had metric screws which made it a nightmare for compatibility.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Edited by Sigma05

You can buy JP here http://www.gprifle.se/ I would prefer HERA over OA and Schmeisser. Also check out DAR http://www.dar-germany.com/

Can you explain me please, why do you prefer HERA over OA and Schmeisser ? I m actualy before buying new AR...And what are you thinking about this ? http://www.dpmsinc.com/3G1-223556_ep_120-1.html Thx Jakub

Edited by ViktorCistic