Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Go Gun's GAS Pedal review

Aristotle

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question with regards to mounting the Racer pedal onto a limited / std gun. Has, or can it be done ? Very keen to give it a bash. I'm not in the states, so it is legal as long as it fits in the box. I see Kyle mounted one onto a CZ, so i was just wondering if that was a normal racer *thumb rest [generic]* (or if there is one specifically for limited guns) or if he had to make a modification with regards to the spacing between the frame and the *thumb rest [generic]*.

Thanks for your time, much appreciated.

Edited by RustySurfer

Well mine felt nice and solid shooting it for the first time, even with only two screws in-place. I'll probably leave it like this for a while to make sure I like the position, and then add the other screws when I need something to do.

One nice thing I found is that the pedal creates a little safety net for crappy positioning of the weak hand. In the event that I don't get my weak hand gripped just the way I like it the pedal is there to give my thumb support, and steady the gun even with my hand a little out of position. Of course it's best to make sure your grip is always the same and where it should be, but this is helpful when things don't go as planned.

here's a quick tip...

When installing the thumb rest, make sure to re-zero your CMore. I learned this the very hard way. At distances of less than 15 yards, you may get away with it, and you may not notice. But when doing a 35 yard standard, you may learn the hard way that no matter how deliberate, you will not find paper. :-)

My scope was way off with the thumbrest installed because I never rezerod the sight. It's ready to rock now, I want another chance at those standards!!

Actually, the exact opposite. Very high and to the left. I benched it on Saturday, and at 17 yards, aiming for the center of the lower A Zone with the gun bagged on a rest, I was hitting the left shoulders between the C and D perfs.

Edited by Aristotle

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question with regards to mounting the Racer pedal onto a limited / std gun. Has, or can it be done ? Very keen to give it a bash. I'm not in the states, so it is legal as long as it fits in the box. I see Kyle mounted one onto a CZ, so i was just wondering if that was a normal racer *thumb rest [generic]* (or if there is one specifically for limited guns) or if he had to make a modification with regards to the spacing between the frame and the *thumb rest [generic]*.

Thanks for your time, much appreciated.

When I was using the old model *thumb rest [generic]*, I had to make a spacer to clear the slidestop. The model pictured is a proto-type racer with the spacer already machined into the back of it. You will have to call or email Doc at GoGun USA and ask if the regular Racer model has a spacer built onto or not, I don't know. If it doesn't, I'm sure he'd hook you up with one that does have the spacer built in. As far as I know, I'm the only one that has tried mounting the *thumb rest [generic]* on a limited/carry gun. The only thing I did to modify it was mill off some material so I can remove my slidestop without removing the *thumb rest [generic]* every time. The prototypes I had were different only in the thickness of the spacer, I chose the one with the smallest spacer to keep it close to the frame. I love it. Call or email Chet at drchet@gogun.us and tell him I sent you.

-Kyle

They make a version called the "Duster" that's for mounting on guns without a scope mount. Available in various pad widths for the various width frames (standard 1911, standard 2011, wide 2011). Looks like it's only available with the Racer cut, though I'm sure you could order one that covers the slide stop.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=gogun&_sacat=See-All-Categories

They make a version called the "Duster" that's for mounting on guns without a scope mount. Available in various pad widths for the various width frames (standard 1911, standard 2011, wide 2011). Looks like it's only available with the Racer cut, though I'm sure you could order one that covers the slide stop.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=gogun&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Diehli is mostly correct in answering Rusty surfer, except for difference in base size vs pad size. The "Duster" model is intended for direct mount to frame (via dust cover), as in a carry gun, and is available in a variety of base widths to accomadate different frame/slide geometries. The pad size (pedal size) is slightly smaller for carry purposes but pad size is specific to each model. To Clarify for USPSA, it would not be legal for limited. International IPSC has their own rule for fitting into box.

Edited by Aloha Robert

This is not my gun, but friend asked me to post for him. It's 9 Major. Interesting thing is how he mounted *thumb rest [generic]*. He cut off the bottom where screw holes customarily are and WELDED the *thumb rest [generic]* to mount. Whatever he did, he is shooting fasterpost-16536-084068700 1288659006_thumb.jp