• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on the lefty model yet?

Thanks

Carl

The Left Handed version question keeps coming up.

It bothers me but I am sorry to say there is not a left handed version in the *thumb rest [generic]* brand at the current time.

There are two problems in making a left handed version.

1) Time and money to change tooling. That could be overcome if we could figure out #2

2) There is a safety issue with left handed model. To truly use a *thumb rest [generic]* Method or some might loosely say Opposable grip method, the pad has to be far enough back. Unfortuneately the optimum spot for a lefty is uncomfortably close to the ejection port so the thumb might be burned or cut by the odd ejected round. One idea we had was a guard but that would slow the draw down. We are still scratching our heads on it.

[edit]

Edited by Flexmoney

• 2 weeks later...

I received Gogun's latest *thumb rest [generic]*, the "Racer", and I've got to say, it sure lived up to it's name. Got it in time for this weekends local match at a club that's known for fast and furious stages and I got to put it through it's paces. I'm pretty happy with it thus far. I was a little worried about throwing in new gear straight into a match, but shooting with it was very intuitive, and felt like an old pair of shoes, my hands just fit.

With the newer version, it addressed my only gripe about the original *thumb rest [generic]*, and it was cut so it allowed for me to take apart my gun without having to remove the pedal. Even when mounted furthest back, which to me is the sweet spot, and this is what separates this from the rest. It's become critical equipment to my open gun. It's become as integral as my compensator and CMore, I don't think I could shoot without one.

Here's a picture of the original on the far left, the original that I had to grind and modified, and the new Racer on the far right.

58933_1553616611532_1568682177_1403000_3388506_n.jpg

video from this weekend shooting it for the first time...

Ari,

Thank you for all of the info and pictures. Your information has been a HUGE help. These guys should sponsor you! (hint hint)

I just looked on Brownells for the "Racer" model and cannot find one.(only the original model) Where can I purchase one?

Steve

Ari,

Thank you for all of the info and pictures. Your information has been a HUGE help. These guys should sponsor you! (hint hint)

I just looked on Brownells for the "Racer" model and cannot find one.(only the original model) Where can I purchase one?

Steve

I'm looking also.

Hello: Can you get it without mounting holes? I was thinking of mounting it a different way then using the C-More mount screws. I am thinking of drilling and tapping the C-More mount so I can remove it without removing the mount screws. Thanks, Eric

Yes, it's called the *thumb rest [generic]* Racers Cut Duster gunsmith fit.

Ari,

Steve

They will have it soon!

post-25943-097893300 1284632511_thumb.jp

Edited by BLACKHAMMER

I just received two new versions of the *thumb rest [generic]* in the mail,

and I am impressed.

The racer version should be attached with four screws, not two,

but you dont have to remove it to take the top end off the gun.

Also received one for a carry gun, it has an extra thickness to

make up for it being mounted directly to the frame, and not

thru the C-more. Thanks Go-Gun, you guys are A+ top notch!

I like the design on the new one and might give it a try.... What's more I need to contact them and see if they would be interested in a joint venture with Quinn. Since the mount puts the pedal out a bit far for some tastes, I was thinking about talking with the about integration with the mount. Integration could actually make it closer to the frame than any other design that bolts on top of a mount. . Hmmmm......

JT

I just received two new versions of the *thumb rest [generic]* in the mail,

and I am impressed.

The racer version should be attached with four screws, not two,

but you dont have to remove it to take the top end off the gun.

Also received one for a carry gun, it has an extra thickness to

make up for it being mounted directly to the frame, and not

thru the C-more. Thanks Go-Gun, you guys are A+ top notch!

Why four screws for the racer?

There is less metal between the mounting and the thumb pad,

using four screws will ensure that the unit and screws dont flex.

It is possible to break a screw using only two.

Also - use high quality carbon steel screws, not stainless steel.

SST is too brittle and may break as well.

Ari,

Steve

I'm looking also.

Shooters Connections will be the first to offer these for sale, FYI.

I like the design on the new one and might give it a try.... What's more I need to contact them and see if they would be interested in a joint venture with Quinn. Since the mount puts the pedal out a bit far for some tastes, I was thinking about talking with the about integration with the mount. Integration could actually make it closer to the frame than any other design that bolts on top of a mount. . Hmmmm......

JT

Well I decided to give the Quinn Mount and the *thumb rest [generic]* a try. Having never shot with either I bolted them up on Friday night and headed to the range on Saturday. Lo and behold, Mr Quinn Mount, JT himself was at the range setting up for Sundays match. He and I discussed the integration of the two products which I think is a great idea and may do a little cutting and welding myself. After a little fussing around to sight in the Cmore, well actually a lot because my brain was not grasping the concept of the reversed adjustments, I had at it. I was really impressed with both products. I really liked the way my dot tracked and felt I was getting no torque by using the pedal. Time will tell. YMMV

Hello: I just installed the Go Guns *thumb rest [generic]* to day on my Quinn II open pistol. I will be trying it out later this week. I modified the *thumb rest [generic]* a little to fit my large hands and moved it a little more forward than Ari has his. I will let you guys know how it works for me. It looks very promising so far :cheers: Thanks, Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Ari,

Steve

ebay should also have listings

Here's mine. It's not an Open gun but I thought I'd share anyway. I injured my left wrist and couldn't cant it forward like I used to (thumbs-forward grip) without lots of pain during recoil. I installed my thumb rest and built up my grip using epoxy putty, and I've never shot better in my LIFE. Did I mention ZERO pain in my wrist, and using the *thumb rest [generic]* Grip I can control recoil BETTER than I could using the thumbs-forward grip without a thumb-rest. Chet and the guys at the GoGun shop are AWESOME people and this thumb-rest and grip technique deserves more recognition because it really does work!

-Kyle

post-15496-053869300 1286576867_thumb.jp

post-15496-014935900 1286576933_thumb.jp