Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

iPhone / Droid, Merged

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Lite" mobile versions of sites... Icky icky yuck. HATE 'em, especially when it sends you to them without you choosing.

Count me as a nay vote, posting from my iPhone.

"Lite" mobile versions of sites... Icky icky yuck. HATE 'em, especially when it sends you to them without you choosing.

Count me as a nay vote, posting from my iPhone.

Yea, I agree that I hate a lot of the 'lite' versions, and I really hate when I'm forced to use them.

I was more interested in some of the iphone apps that alllow direct forum participation, instead of using safari....

• 4 weeks later...

IP.Board actually has their own app on iTunes now. You need to ensure that your iPod Touch/Phone has the latest OS update to use it, but the app itself is free. I just tried it and it seems to work ok, I can't see any significant differences in the display between the app and Safari but it seems to size things a little better.

Here is the iTunes Link --> IP.Board

• 1 month later...

Somehow the forum upgrade last night ruined seriously altered my viewing of the forum while I am using my HTC Droid Incredible. I can no longer access my profile, View New Content, PM's, login, logout, and many more things. I can only see the board and see some topics. What can I do to fix this? I really don't like this because I love this forum.

Somehow the forum upgrade last night ruined seriously altered my viewing of the forum while I am using my HTC Droid Incredible. I can no longer access my profile, View New Content, PM's, login, logout, and many more things. I can only see the board and see some topics. What can I do to fix this? I really don't like this because I love this forum.

There are options for mobile phones on the forum.... the may not be running after the upgrade.

JT

I did clear my cache and cookies and delete history. I found a way to login but once logged in I can't locate My Profile, View New Content, etc. There are no icons or buttons for these. Any fix for this?

My phone worked perfect with BE.com before the upgrade.

Like I said guys, there is a are "mobile" setting is IPB that help with functionality. Also, there are skins that work really well for mobile devices and they can be set to default for mobile users.

They are found:

"ACP > System TAB > Manage User Agents" and then setup the Lo-Fi skin in the "Look & Feel TAB" to automatically use it.

Edited by JThompson

Like I said guys, there is a are "mobile" setting is IPB that help with functionality. Also, there are skins that work really well for mobile devices and they can be set to default for mobile users.

They are found:

"ACP > System TAB > Manage User Agents" and then setup the Lo-Fi skin in the "Look & Feel TAB" to automatically use it.

You lost me with this Jim. This is Greek to me. All I know is it worked perfect before and now it doesn't.

Are you still having this problem? Because, since last night, a repair was made affecting viewing those areas.

be

I have the regular site working on my phone now. While in the internet browser I went to settings and then there is a checkbox next to "mobile view" I unchecked this and now everything is back to the way it was.

jasmap, and caspian guy, did this help:

I have the regular site working on my phone now. While in the internet browser I went to settings and then there is a checkbox next to "mobile view" I unchecked this and now everything is back to the way it was.

Don't seem to have that option with the factory browser on my Droid.

That fixed it! Thanks Brooks and thanks Brian!

And clearing everything didn't help anything. So far this is the only forum I'm on without a setting on the forum its self for normal or mobile view. It's usually right at the bottom of the page and I can't find that here. :-(

Don't seem to have that option with the factory browser on my Droid.

I have that on my Droid, but I don't want to turn off "Mobile View" for ALL THE INTERNET sites I go to on my phone. This site is the only one that has changed, so there must be something different we can do to fix this. It looks just awful now. :sick: