Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ion Bond on Barrel?

Z-man

I'm looking to send a 1911 off to Ion Bond for refinishing. I've heard different opinions on what should be Ion Bonded and what shouldn't. I'm thinking the slide, frame, safeties, mag release, and slide stop. I've been told NOT to coat the trigger parts. As for the barrel, a friend said he had the barrel done and it started to negatively affect his groups. Has anyone experienced this? I'd prefer to coat as much of the gun as possible. Thanks!

The barrel on my Bedell is finished in Ion Bond and it's still extremely accurate. I haven't shot any groups with it lately, but the last time I did (couple of months ago) I was having no trouble holding ten shots in an inch (give or take) at 25yds off a sandbag type rest. R,

Bobby Keigans at Freedom Gunworks is currently putting a TiN finish on my barrel and all of the components, & Daniel Hidalgo at Plate-Tacular (thru Bobby) is putting his cobalt treatment on the frame & slide.

• 3 weeks later...

So I have another question? I have a Sig P6 that has a steel upper with aluminum lower. Does Ionbond do Hard Anodizing and if not, how would I know if the gun has a hard anodized lower???