Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your Tanfoglio Set-up! PICTURES PLEASE!

rjennings10

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is Mine!!!

Gun: Elite Match

Caliber: .38 Super Comp

Modifications: Henning iFiber w/Green Rod, Conefit Guide Rod, 10 Pound Recoil Spring, EGW Sear/Hammer, 13 Pound Hammer Spring, Extra Power Extractor Spring, JB Weld Nickel to mag release button and griptape on it, Limited mag well covered in water weld and liquid steel painted with blue enamel paint, Finger grooves cut from factory rubber grips and cut to fit mag well.

I like the work, inspiration to get back to messin with my Match. . .

• 2 months later...

I know I've posted these before, but I just think they are so pretty, I gotta do it again. Thanks Henning for all the parts on these.

Mind if I use one of those pictures as my desktop picture :roflol:

They are Beautiful. But why 2?

I shoot IPSC and it's nice to have a back up gun to use especially when travelling to a distant location for a match. At the Canadian IPSC Nationals this year the elevation screw broke off of the rear sight. At the match I just pulled out the second gun and kept shooting. I could have tried to change out the rear sight there, but then there are three issues. First, I would have to get the rear sight out, which was loctited in and required heat to loosen the screws. I had to use my propane torch (matches didn't work) when I got home to loosen them. Second, I would then have to sight in the gun again which I find usually leaves me a little unsettled for a few stages until I'm sure about my hits on the more difficult shots. Third is the time it takes to make the change and do the sighting in. I'd end up feeling rushed, probably fall behind my squad and have to make up stages later.

As it was it only took about 10 minutes to call over the Range Master and ok the change of guns, and I was back in the game. Probably took about the same amount of time if I had to go to the bathroom.

In the past I've travelled with only one gun (not Tanfoglio), and at one match had a trigger bar break on the last shot of the match. I didn't have a spare. Had it occured on the first shot, I would have spent over $500 to take 1 shot. That got me thinking to have a back-up just in case.

What can I say, I like the feeling of being prepared.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Curious about this mag well, is this the one from Canyon Creek?

Dave,

The other part of the reason for no slide stop release is that most people play in the Limited and Open division with these guns. The gun is always kept topped off while shooting. In these divisions, a shooter's plans has gone dramatically awry if they are shooting the gun dry.

I play in the Limited 10 division. Most people think I'm a masochist for playing in the L-10 without a slide stop on my Witness Match. I've discovered that with the slide stop installed, I ride my support thumb on it. Instead of the advantage of having additional recoil control, I actually end up driving the gun to the right. In theory, I can train my way out of it, but it was easier simply to not to have it there. The other side benefit for me is that I really have to plan my reloads well.

Here's my baby:

post-10187-128090232474_thumb.jpgpost-10187-1280902440_thumb.jpgpost-10187-128090272899_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...