Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Let's Reconsider The Word "High"

MichiganShootist

So.. I don't know if this post should be a Hate Rant, Humor, Or a suggestion for a rules change, .....but.... here goes. :blink:

This past Fall I turned 65... so my one and only goal at all the matches I attend is to win top award for Super Senior (in USPSA Talk) or in Distinguished Senior (in IDPA Talk). With my old (and poorly cared for) body and mind....there is no way any goal beyond that is feasible... :roflol:

Well at the Illinois State IDPA match a few weeks ago... I achieved that goal for the match. I had the best score of any 65 or older shooter. SWEET !!!

BUT !!!! Here's the problem.

The award says:

2010 Illinois State IDPA Championship

High Distinguished Senior

I showed my award to a neighbor (who's a vet but not a shooter) and he said "Isn't it dangerous for an old fart like you to be shooting a pistol when you are high??? :goof:

I'd like to suggest that you MDs change the wording on such awards to----"First Place Over All (Super Senior or Distinguished Senior)

Thanks

Mark

Edited by MichiganShootist

[Tommy Chong voice on] I don't know man...Fits me to a T..[/Tommy Chong Voice off] Just got mine for being HIgh Old Fart Revolver at the Arkansas Sectional. Didn't even know I had won anything. later rdd