Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flyers

Field

i was doing a bit of group shooting at some plastic bottles with my XDm40 out in the hills, i had 1 extremely wierd shot out of 50 rounds i fired where this damn bullet just got a mind of its own and just went ZINGin off in some wierd direction like WAAY off from where i was shooting at, compared to the rest of the ammo where it was impacting in a nice tight little group

the brass was mixed, the powder was tightgroup, the bullets were 180g flat point Rainier ballistics, im just wondering like would that be caused by a bullet breaking apart as it exited the barrel? im kind of clueless its just it really zung off in a wierd spot, or maybe i didnt notice that it actually bounced off something and then impacted over there? i dont know

.... im just wondering like would that be caused by a bullet breaking apart as it exited the barrel? im kind of clueless its just it really zung off in a wierd spot, or maybe i didnt notice that it actually bounced off something and then impacted over there? i dont know

Yeah, most likely hit something and ricocheted. It would take a pretty bad bullet to go as far off group as what it sounds like you had!

Mike